The Budget Buggy - Take Two

mombobuggy

:cool::greg:Super bad ass job on the frame plating. Love the holes. Keep up the good work only about 2000 hrs away from being done. Well maybe only 1900 or so if you work fast . Super cool man Totally worth it.

zukijames

I think I am more excited bout this build than coco! Mostly because I wanted to buy this chassis but I know he will make it much sexier than I would have

Coco

Thanks guys :)

I got a little bit done on the buggy over the long weekend, but not much. Time in the shop was cut due to people not obeying the rules :mad:

I borrowed a set a couple of my buddies 40" tires and stuck them next to the buggy, and tried to get an idea of where everything will be sitting, I am aiming for a 0* approach/departure angle, but I also dont want this thing to be a mile long. These pics were taken with it sitting at 116, It is a bit long, but if I absolutely have too, that is what it will be. I want to see if I can atleast suck it in another 2" to get it at 114, but we will see. I also get the rear axle all cleaned up, and got the links mounts tacked in place before I was kicked out. (no pics tho)

IF your going to the LROR Show N Shine tomorrow, It will be out on display with everyone else's rigs, there just wont be muchto see :D

comingdown

Thanks guys :)

I got a little bit done on the buggy over the long weekend, but not much. Time in the shop was cut due to people not obeying the rules :mad:

I borrowed a set a couple of my buddies 40" tires and stuck them next to the buggy, and tried to get an idea of where everything will be sitting, I am aiming for a 0* approach/departure angle, but I also dont want this thing to be a mile long. These pics were taken with it sitting at 116, It is a bit long, but if I absolutely have too, that is what it will be. I want to see if I can atleast suck it in another 2" to get it at 114, but we will see. I also get the rear axle all cleaned up, and got the links mounts tacked in place before I was kicked out. (no pics tho)

IF your going to the LROR Show N Shine tomorrow, It will be out on display with everyone else's rigs, there just wont be muchto see :D

Where is the other two tires? JK, looking good, especially the cleaned up rear axle, done by a true professional. That guy must have mad skills

Coco

Except for when he grinds into the axle tubes :cody:

I am planning on working on this more tonight, and tomorrow. Stay tuned for updates!

Coco

Time for an update! Been a while since I have updated this thread. So last Saturday I had big plans of getting some work done on the buggy.... Didnt get much done. :rolleyes:

I borrowed my buddies tires again, and got the buggy sitting at ride height. (24-3/4" at the belly) After rolling the tires up next to it, I got really excited to see it coming together!

Anyway, I got to work, and got the rear axle hung. I set the chassis at ride height (24-3/4") and set the rear housing at 20", and pointed the diff at the T-Case. I measured up the mounts, and got the axle hung. This is my first ever link suspension, so I sure hope it is right!!!

And a "flex shot"

Also during the week, I got a little aesthetic piece in, and had to take a pic, and share it. :D

Coco

I really like it. Looking great.

Thanks man :)

Are you going to be running 40s on toy axles?

I am planning on a Tacoma rear axle, and an FJ80 Front axle. Yes I am planning on 40s as well.

ahh there just the old style MTR's... no worries mate!!! hahahaha J/K. Looking good buddy keep her going!!!

Haha Those are just borrowed tires! I am still looking for tires haha :)

Loving this! Keep it going!

Thanks Shane :D

carsonc1974

I may be totally off, and may not be as important but, your pinion angle seems strange. Ive always set up my pinion (at ride height) to match the the output flange on the tcase. Essentially meaning the faces of both flanges are parallel. This help avoid binding and vibrations and that sort of stuff. Of course this changes when you start dealing with CV's 2 piece shafts and the like.

I also know that all kinds of crazy things can happen through all travel so take it for what its worth.

Please feel free to correct me if i'm incorrect.

Coco

I may be totally off, and may not be as important but, your pinion angle seems strange. Ive always set up my pinion (at ride height) to match the the output flange on the tcase. Essentially meaning the faces of both flanges are parallel. This help avoid binding and vibrations and that sort of stuff. Of course this changes when you start dealing with CV's 2 piece shafts and the like.

I also know that all kinds of crazy things can happen through all travel so take it for what its worth.

Please feel free to correct me if i'm incorrect.

No, this is a good question. I am curious myself! I have always heard point it at the T-Case? Really this is my first link suspension, so any and all input I am welcome to hear!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
If you're running a CV joint at the t-case end, you want your pinion angle pointing at the t-case. If you're running a single joint at the t-case, you want to match that angle at the pinion.