The downfall of the written word?

MattL

grinch said:
You forgot Magna...... Maybe from there too.....
Oh yeah im not offended and im one of the hard ones to follow...... ;)

Whats wrong with us magnadites?

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Have any of you ever read any 'Granville King'?? He wrote for the off road magazines up until he was killed in an accident in Mexico. You could barely follow most of it, but that was his way of keeping it entertaining and personal. He was an aerospace engineer by trade, so I imagine that it was also a way for him to unwind the perfection a little.

Never will forget the stories of him and Superdawg.

Man, I gotta quit coming home off graveyards and posting!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
James K said:
ok, let me ask this.................isn't a BB a extension of a face to face conversation???? do you(no one impaticular) speak with proper language and pause when starting a new thought or does it just flow????
Written speach has no tones or inflections to give additional meaning. Take sarcasm, for instance. How often do we misread the intent of someones post? It makes it that much harder to understand what a person is trying to say if they don't type it correctly,

GR4x4

Stop the MADNESS
Shut up Hickey what do you know.

ha ha ha :rofl:
Kind of like that I suppose, you are not sure if I am joking to make a point, or if I meant it. I have had some posts on a different board that I made a joke (at least I thought) and the other person got really pissed off over it. Oh well what can you do.

I think that is why Shawn, James K, and Hickey are always seeming to be jerks, they really are joking.

Oh and who ever of the three of you (Shawn) drives a white dually Chevy, you owe me for my time being stuck at Rocklogic. JERK :rofl:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
GR4x4 said:
Oh and who ever of the three of you (Shawn) drives a white dually Chevy, you owe me for my time being stuck at Rocklogic. JERK :rofl:
ONly a mullet-equipped redneck would drive a truck like that.
:D

Caleb

Cody said:
I know personally, I just get lazy sometimes and stop capitalizing and fixing mis-typed woreds. like coudl instead of could. I do crap like that alot. ;)

Cody

thats totally me...I know its spelled wrong or missing a punctuation but I just dont give a rats ass :D I used to really proof-read before I posted, but now I could care less :D

ahve=have
hte=the
????t he=???? the (I always put the space too soon :D)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Huh, people actually replied to this thread, eh? Weird... Yeah, the mispellings and typos don't really bother me. The slang doesn't bother me either. I type on here like I speak as well. I realize "prolly", "gonna" and "cuz" are not words, but I use them on here all the time. None of that stuff bothers me at all. Waht (not even gonna correct that) astounds me is the disturbing number of people who have a total lack of ability to convey an idea in a written format. How many times have you read a sentence on here and just thought to yourself, "What the hell?" Anyway, glad to see that some other folks share my pain.