The Great Escapist on Prime

rholbrook

I started watching this show that had Richard Hammond of Top Gear and Gran Tour and Tory Belleci of Myth Busters and I have to say that I am enjoying it. They get ship wrecked on a deserted island and they continually make things to get off.
Anyone else watched it?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I couldn't handle it. I made it less than 1/2 an episode. Way to fake and ridiculous for me. Welders, power tools, engines, bicycles, and tires all on their busted up ship.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I wanted this show to be awesome. It is not awesome.

It's not the silly premise, I can get over that. But there's not any actual building of things. They kinda handwave the building of the things, and then focus on Tory and Richard using the things. It's not what it could have been and now I'm sad.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I wanted this show to be awesome. It is not awesome.

It's not the silly premise, I can get over that. But there's not any actual building of things. They kinda handwave the building of the things, and then focus on Tory and Richard using the things. It's not what it could have been and now I'm sad.

They showed Richard building the car frame.. but then didn't even use that part in the actual car.

I can't get over the pretend scenario, the fake feud, the access to every tool they want, or the poor acting.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Once I figured out how much fake stuff was happening on Top Gear, I had trouble watching some of it. I mean, stop the pretending that you rolled that car and just admit that's it's all just for fun and it is completely intentional. Shoot, have a competition to see who can roll it more times maybe.

Anyway, I haven't watched the new show but it doesn't seem to be getting good reviews from the RME crew!