The I-15 bounce!

Just found this thread while doing a search about the I-15 bounce. Was wondering if anyone else gets it and lo and behold. Good to know it's not just my truck. I think I've gone through a few sets of shocks because of the bounce. I drive a 2013 Ford F350 dually. What a nightmare. It's really bad from my exit(11400 S.) heading north. It didn't use to be as bad north of 7200 S but now I get it all the way to SLC.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Today is the first time since my new tires back in May that I have driven my truck without a trailer or loaded bed on the freeway. I got on heading north at 10600 s. My teeth about fell out it was so bad.
my shocks were on 4 firmness (1-9 optional) I cranked them up to 9, and it was a bit worse. I went down to 1, and about 80% of the bounce went away.
I am assuming the coopers have a stiffer side wall than the hankook’s I had before, so the softer setting handles better.
however, it did give the truck a lot more sway, that I was not fond of.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I think it is all because road contractors along the wasatch front cannot build a flat road. I have driven a lot of miles across a lot of states with and without something in tow and I have never seen such uneven and crappy bridge transitions anywhere. With all the GPS technology in equipment now I just don't get it.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I think it is all because road contractors along the wasatch front cannot build a flat road. I have driven a lot of miles across a lot of states with and without something in tow and I have never seen such uneven and crappy bridge transitions anywhere. With all the GPS technology in equipment now I just don't get it.

poorly constructed roads = future job security

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Completely off-topic, but has anybody noticed that they have removed all of the “no trailers in left two lanes“ signs on I 15? Am I to understand from the removal of the signs that Trailer‘s Can now be in the carpool lane and left lane?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My BIL actually got a ticket for being in the fast lane, not even the carpool lane.
How long ago was that? Because there used to be signs saying that you couldn’t have a trailer in the left two lanes. But with their not being any signs anymore, I think I would fight that ticket if I were to get it now.

rholbrook

How long ago was that? Because there used to be signs saying that you couldn’t have a trailer in the left two lanes. But with their not being any signs anymore, I think I would fight that ticket if I were to get it now.
There is still a sign near warm springs exit in NSL on I-15

I have this same choppy ride issue with my super crew cab Raptor along this section on i15. Either I need to rebuild the shocks, or it’s not something shocks make a difference with.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
This must be the thread @Greg told me about when I was b*tching about the CC longbed dually work truck I drove to Denver, and this annoying bounce it did. Looks like we are all engineer-like enough to get a handle on the issue, and I'm glad there's consensus on this!

I just asked and for some reason they won't let me do stuff to the company dually. Lame. :rofl: