The Jeep Dolly

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
There are definitely a few things I would change for a more non-personalized version. It's not much work if I didn't go OCD on the floors and tie downs.

I've thought multiple times about building something like this for my Buick. Super low and probably pretty long to keep the approach angle appropriate for low hanging headers. @ebryson trailer works excellent to haul my Buick but the 4-5' ramps leave me loading it on a hill or similar. Not being 4x4 and having 600+ ft lb of torque, ramps are more exciting than I'd like them to be :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've thought multiple times about building something like this for my Buick. Super low and probably pretty long to keep the approach angle appropriate for low hanging headers. @ebryson trailer works excellent to haul my Buick but the 4-5' ramps leave me loading it on a hill or similar. Not being 4x4 and having 600+ ft lb of torque, ramps are more exciting than I'd like them to be :D
A tilting deck would be nice for cars like yours.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

I ended up loading my lowered El Camino on my 16' car hauler a couple times and it has super short ramps (because 4x4's).

My solution was to pull the rear tires of the truck up onto 4" blocks, tilting the back of the trailer down. It worked quite well, I could load my car without hanging up on anything... it was close, but did the job.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Loading low cars is simple. Just pull the back of your truck up on ramps, that puts the back of your trailer just above ground level. My 34 is extremely low on the front and center, this method has never failed me.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Loading low cars is simple. Just pull the back of your truck up on ramps, that puts the back of your trailer just above ground level. My 34 is extremely low on the front and center, this method has never failed me.
I ended up loading my lowered El Camino on my 16' car hauler a couple times and it has super short ramps (because 4x4's).

My solution was to pull the rear tires of the truck up onto 4" blocks, tilting the back of the trailer down. It worked quite well, I could load my car without hanging up on anything... it was close, but did the job.

As it sits right now, I can't even get my fist under the header collector. I do have some white oak 4x6 blocks with a mitered end. I'd just throw them in the bed of my tow rig. They work exactly like you're saying. I'll have to rig up a way to haul the blocks in the Navigator.

Blocks are also awesome jacks for when you get a flat trailer tire. Loosen the lugs, pull fwd onto the blocks (or back if you lost a front tire), swap out the tires and back the trailer off the block. Handy jack without the jacking part

The car will be getting a bit of a lift (stock springs) relatively soon. That should help.