Jeep The JL 2.0 Turbo engine with e-Torque

Bart

I just noticed they have the 2.0 Turbo as an option in the new Cherokee. Wonder how that would be? Dempsey???

Ashcat

Today I learned yet another exception to the auto start. If the drivers seat belt is unbuckled the engine will remain running regardless of the toggle switch.

Wife averaged 21 mpg to Manitoba. Her Fusion with a 1.6 ecoboost averaged 28-29. Apples to oranges I know.

She absolutely loved the long drive. Far more comfortable than the fusion. No complaints for 10hr straight seat time. She said it was fun to drive it and stable.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Today I learned yet another exception to the auto start. If the drivers seat belt is unbuckled the engine will remain running regardless of the toggle switch.

Wife averaged 21 mpg to Manitoba. Her Fusion with a 1.6 ecoboost averaged 28-29. Apples to oranges I know.

She absolutely loved the long drive. Far more comfortable than the fusion. No complaints for 10hr straight seat time. She said it was fun to drive it and stable.

Good feedback, 21 MPG is killer for a Wrangler!

Greg

Admin
Thought this was some good info about the e-Torque system, but on a Dodge Ram rather than the Wrangler.... but it sounds like all the details apply to the Jeep.

Ashcat

Odd, in the ram review they don’t mention the eTorque for adding supplemental energy assist under heavy acceleration. The internet claims everything up to 135 or whatever magical number ft.lbs/tq. I don’t know what to believe although it really doesn’t matter how much it adds or doesn’t add. It scoots along just fine for my wife. I just needed a safe and capable 4wd vehicle for her in the winter.

I’m sure that Wade guy knows what he’s talking about but our Wrangler doesn’t park when you open the door. One of the first things I checked on the test drive. Scared the salesman. Or should I say salesperson? Don’t know who’s reading this. Wife has a friend who drove one of those dong wagon renegades and it would disable the trans if a door was opened. Her friend has since realized her mistake and bought a new ram.

Greg, any diagnoses on your JK?

Greg

Admin
Been doing some research on the 2.0T engine and it's sourced from an Alfa Romeo Giulia, which isn't a surprise as Fiat owns Jeep these days. It's built in Cassino, Italy. It does have a forged crank and pistons, 10 to 1 compression, 4 valves per cyl with DOHC and direct injection that makes up to 2,900 PSI. It sounds like the turbo makes 17 pounds of boost in the car.

The 2.0T does not have conventional intake or exhaust manifolds. The turbo is bolted directly to the exhaust connection on the cylinder head and the intercooler is bolted directly to the single intake connection. Tech specs mention a Intake manifold with liquid cooled charge air cooler. Item #8 shows the intercooler built into the intake.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
I test drove a JLUR with the 2.0L today and loved everything about that motor...except the sound. It sounds like a wheezy hairdryer. I'm really torn...can't imagine that sound not driving me completely crazy especially since this is a vehicle meant to be driven with windows down, doors off or top off. But it seems like the best motor option (for simplicity and longevity) for the Rubi now since they removed E-torque from the 2.0L and added it to the 3.6L.

Thoughts?