"The Machinist"

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I had been waiting to see this in the theaters, never saw it come out anwywhere. Grisly industrial accidents? Paranoia? Extreme weight loss? Oh, I"m into it. I'll let you all know how it turns out... it might suck.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I really wnat to see that movie too. Herzog went to rent it the other day and they were already out.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Well, finally watched this tonight.

It's not bad! Christian Bale is disturbingly thin in here, which is marked contrast to the last movie I saw which was Batman. Anyway, it's a decent film. Long, low-key, no big huge moments, and if you've watched a million movies like I have you'll see where things are heading fairly quickly, but it's fascinating anyway. Seems like the whole thing is shot in gray LOL even the sunny scenes.

Anyway enjoy it, it's decent.

darkstar

burning things good
I watched it last night too. I agree with Tacoma in that it is low key and the whole thing looks like it is in black and white, but I think that is to add to the dreary mood of the movie. I thought it was pretty good, especially the camera and photography work. It was all real sharp the shooting portrayed the attitude of the movie real well (sorry, I'm kinda a camera/movie phene). I would reccomend seeing it.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Herzog and I watched it with my parents a few nights ago and yes, that is a very disturbingly skinny, hot actor. It was an extremely interesting movie but I dont know that I would put it at the top of my list.
A movie that I would recommend everyone see is an Independent Film ut, I dont remember the name. Its about time travel in modern day. I guess it was not worth bringing up if I dont remember the title.

I will post again when it comes to me!! :shawn:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
xiero said:
If you are a fan of Bale, and haven't seen American Psycho - Rent it, now.

That is a one bad ass movie. It came super close to the book as far him acting out all the insanity that was consistently going through his head.

Has anyone seen EQUILIBRIUM? That is a great movie too!! Again Bale is the main character but has some really sweet gun/sword fighting action. :cool:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Tacoma said:
DAMNIT! another one that I missed in the theaters. Thank you again, Amy. I really liked that dragon movie too... pretty neat.

Dragon Movie?? :ugh: