Topic of Discussion The Mahindra Roxor thread

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a can am defender last month before going with the land cruiser. A big hangup was feeling like I was paying car prices for 4-wheeler grade components. Which makes this a much more interesting option, as a tractor-grade diesel jeep thingy.

The_Lobbster

I'm a fan. I seriously want one. It would be perfect for the kids to learn to drive and wheel some easier trails. I just can't swing that sticker price. I'm likely going to make a dedicated trip to Moab to rent one from Cliffhanger. I think it would be so much fun.
Don't forget that they are just two seaters only. I had contemplated renting one, but since there's only two seats, I sprung for the 4 door JK instead since we had three people.

LJTim

Don't forget that they are just two seaters only. I had contemplated renting one, but since there's only two seats, I sprung for the 4 door JK instead since we had three people.
Yeah, I'm thinking this will be a quick over-nighter trip with me and another friend. Especially since they are down to 2 of them. I called this morning, and they sent 2 to another location, and don't have immediate plans to replace them.

rocmoc

I took my WildCat X SxS to the Sand Hollow SxS Rally last Nov. Mahindra was there and they did not preform anywhere close to the SxS in slick rock.

The_Lobbster

To me it looks like a 5 year old kid drew up the plans to make that top. I think they certainly could have made the windows more aesthetically pleasing.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I was at my friend's house yesterday checking out his 40 series land cruiser. I was in love with his frame off restoration - the thing was like a new vehicle!
IMG_20190824_153152269_HDR.jpg

The lust was strong with this one. Until he told me how much he has spent on it ?

But I do love the analog, honest simplicity of the old timey rigs - - without the old timey rust, sounds, and mystery smells. So the roxor is becoming more and more interesting as a budget friendly alternative.

Last edited: