The new Ranger is going to kick Tacoma and 4Runner sales right in the nads

Kevin B.

Big hippy
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2019-ford-ranger-makes-270-hp-310-lb-ft-torque/

When equipped with an optional tow package and a trailer brake controller, the Ranger has a maximum towing capacity of 7,500 pounds

That's about the same as my venerable V8 F150, and this thing will probably get twice the MPG. If those pics are accurate, it's not even that ugly. I'm interested to see how reliable a ten speed auto is in a light truck, but I could see myself driving one of these.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Ok, that's just preposterous. I think I'm in love.

Is that last pic the new Bronco? That's ... not terrible. It's still a sliding door away from a minivan, but it's not as bad as I feared.

It is an Expedition. I was hoping to see a bronco, but nope...:( That work truck bed was AWESOME! Even the Ranger with the utility bed was pretty cool. I'd totally rock it!

Homefryy

Ok, that's just preposterous. I think I'm in love.

Is that last pic the new Bronco? That's ... not terrible. It's still a sliding door away from a minivan, but it's not as bad as I feared.

I we are honesty with ourselves wouldn't a sliding door be more optimal? I see no down side to a sliding door and only easier access.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I'm not a huge fan of the styling but an turbo charged 4 banger has my attention. Looks aside that motor would be enough for me to buy one over a Tacoma. I wish it had a manually shifted tcase instead of that electronic garbage but that's pretty much the norm now. I built one on Ford's website a few weeks ago, still can't believe how much a "midsized" or should I say old full size truck is without a lot of options is. But that's MSRP and I'm sure they will give the price point more of a break than Toyota does to be competitive in the segment.

I'm still holding my breath for a 2.7 or 3.5 powered Raptor Ranger, Ford couldn't take my money fast enough for one of those.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I've heard rumors the Raptor Ranger won't be coming stateside...

Of course they are going to say that, so that everyone buys a new one. Then they have to trade it in when the raptor comes out

All dreams for me anyway, I won't be in the position to buy anything new for a few years

DAA

I can't tell one crap box car from another. All those rounded off, bulbous little hatchback crap boxes look the same to me. Seems like the just enough smaller than normal truck to not have a useable bed truck segment is headed that way too.

- DAA

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I, for one, think this is great! I'm not in the market for a "mid-sized" truck, but that fact that there are going to be three (four if you count the dated Frontier) on the market in the US is fantastic for our community. This will drive competition, innovation, and price. And in 10 years when I can finally afford a new Raptor Ranger (it will show up here one day), ZR2 Colorado, or TRD Tacoma; I'll have options. Same with the new Bronco challenging the Wrangler. Maybe that'll force Chevy to bring back a real Blazer and Nissan to bring back the XTerra. More options has never been a bad thing for the 4-Wheeling community.