The new Ranger is going to kick Tacoma and 4Runner sales right in the nads

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
It's almost like they are all using the same physics to design aerodynamic vehicles that have a ton of power but still get amazing gas mileage:cool:

Seriously, how many of us would go buy a brick that gets 25% less fuel economy than the other vehicles in that segment.

I have been confusing Colorados for Tacoma for a few years now. I have a soft spot for rangers and have owned 4 or 5 of them. The new ones don't really do it for me visually but who can complain about a compact truck with 300 hp that gets in the 20 mpg range.

DAA

Seriously, how many of us would go buy a brick that gets 25% less fuel economy than the other vehicles in that segment.e.

Every Jeep Wrangler owner on earth?

Kinda. Since there really isn't anything else comparable, the Wrangler is it's own segment. Which is why I don't think the new Bronco will effect Wrangler sales much. Some, I'm sure, but probably not much. I don't think they are going to be all that similar of vehicles.

I don't think the Ranger will effect Tacoma sales much either. Toyota people buy Toyotas. They don't even look at anything else and brag about how the dealer wouldn't budge on price.

- DAA

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Every Jeep Wrangler owner on earth?

Kinda. Since there really isn't anything else comparable, the Wrangler is it's own segment. Which is why I don't think the new Bronco will effect Wrangler sales much. Some, I'm sure, but probably not much. I don't think they are going to be all that similar of vehicles.

I don't think the Ranger will effect Tacoma sales much either. Toyota people buy Toyotas. They don't even look at anything else and brag about how the dealer wouldn't budge on price.

- DAA
I totally agree. People who buy Toyota aren't swayed by low horsepower, limited options or anything else. They buy for reliability whether real or perceived.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I don't think they are going to be all that similar of vehicles.

No way the Bronco will be a Wrangler fighter. I'd bet a lot of money if the Bronco is aimed at a Jeep at all, it'll be aimed at the Cherokee.

Toyota people buy Toyotas.

Toyota people do, but there's a ton of Tacoma and Wrangler owners out there that aren't necessarily Toyota or Jeep people. They're just following trends and trying to look like Toyota and Jeep people. I think a 300HP Ranger with some "offroady" bells and whistles will set a trend and suck a lot of them along with it.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
No way the Bronco will be a Wrangler fighter. I'd bet a lot of money if the Bronco is aimed at a Jeep at all, it'll be aimed at the Cherokee.

The Wrangler literally prints money for FCA and Ford would be stupid not to try to get in on that action. They've been promising us for years that the Bronco will be a Wrangler fighter. If they deliver a trim level on the Explorer, they will have let down a lot of people who are salivating for a new Bronco.