The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

sixstringsteve

it'll be all pavement. There may be a 50 yard dirt road to find camping, but there are hotels nearby if you'd rather not sleep on the ground.

I was thinking HW12, or possibly the mirror lake highway, but i'm open to ideas.

Tonkaman

I just spent the day up mirror make highway. It's the perfect time right now, the roads are all clear but still lots of snow up high. I'd get up there before it warms up more and brings all the bugs out

Last edited:

CobraNutt

it'll be all pavement. There may be a 50 yard dirt road to find camping, but there are hotels nearby if you'd rather not sleep on the ground.

I was thinking HW12, or possibly the mirror lake highway, but i'm open to ideas.
It's that 50 yards of "off-road" that worries me. I may not be able to do that with the Mustang at it's current ride height. We'll see what works out depending on selected route. :) I won't be holding anyone up!
I just spent the day up mirror make highway. It's the perfect time right now, the roads are all clear but still lots of snow up high. I'd get up there before it warms up more and brings all the bugs out
Nice! I was wondering about Mirror Lake highway. I came over Monte Christo yesterday on a road trip up to Logan and around the south end of Bear Lake, and back toward home past Causey and Pineview Reservoirs. It was 49 degrees with a few patches of snow on the north side of a few hills at the top...and it sure is green! :)

Last edited:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
That sounds like it will be a fun drive and overnighter. Too bad I can't join in, but take pics!

sixstringsteve

Sweet Stratton!

It sounds like we should probably plan another drive/camping adventure. Maybe Uintas, or HW 12, or Flaming Gorge, or...?

blznnp

Is that a M3 Dutchman? Looks like it has the wider side molding. I had a 97 M3 4 door. Would love to pick it up again for a daily, but my wife says no.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
What do you guys think about poly control arm bushings? I have the rear axle/trailing arm out of the Jetta and am really contemplating going with Energy Poly bushings.

My biggest concern is increased road noise.. Good idea for a daily driver? Thanks,

Andrew

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I had them on my CRX and never felt they were noisy in any way. They have red and black ones though, I have heard that the red ones in particular squeak. But I had black ones and never had that issue.