The RME street moto gang

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Lets start a moto gang for street bikes. I have had my bike for a little while now, and so far it has been to the gas station down the street for a snack, and to the DMV to get registered. I'm pretty lame.

However, I laid out my first ride for it this evening.

Up Emigration Canyon to Henefer, over to Coalville and up to the armpit corner of Utah. Road turns to dirt for about 10 miles as we head over to, and then down Mirror lake Hwy to Orem and home. I think that will be around 230 miles, and about 5 hours of ride time plus stops.

Anyone want to join the gang? Some gang initiation may be required.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
On a street bike, I'd go north from the corner and vear east to catch the Mirror Lake Highway. If you go east towards Whitney Reservoir, the road gets rough enough i wouldn't want to be on a street bike. There are likely a few water crossings too.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Lets see a picture of alleged street motorcycle. I'm still working on getting a street bike but would love to join when that happens.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
ooooooo. Does that have the DCT Brian?

no, it has a real transmission.
It’s a 2012.
it was totally a good choice for me. I needed a bike that was capable but not overly quick or powerful. I have a tendency to make dumb choices so I needed a bike that limited my ability to make them.
This bike has “enough” of what I need. But not much more.
I can stand it into a wheelie, but it’s not very easy to do… And definitely doesn’t just do it from rolling on the throttle.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My dad and I are going to go ride Saturday morning. We are going to do the ride I outlined in the first post of this thread. it's like 95% asphalt, 5% graded dirt road. Dad is on a Goldwing, but he's no grandpa rider. Should be fun. Open to tag a longs if anyone is interested in coming.
Leaving South Jordan about 9am.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Hope you are having fun right now. I'm sitting at work wishing I was riding with you.

The ride started out cold. Then got windy. Then got colder. Then got more windy.
I bet we had 50mph cross winds. The prairie grass in Wyoming way laying flat along the roadside! Temps were down to 45 degrees at the top of the mountain passes.
We threw down 275 miles, 100 of which were complete misery. About 50 were really fun, and the rest was tolerable.

The route was awesome. I bet 70% of it was newer or brand new asphalt. Mostly open roads with little traffic to slow us down. Roads were smooth and curvy, just the way we like it.