The RME street moto gang

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Do you have heated grips?

No. And the NCX is a whole different world than the goldwings I am used to.
No wind blockage, No heat form the engine for warmth, no heated grips, not wind break, wind noise in my helmet was greater that I am used to, No secondary foot rests.. etc. It wasn't better or worse, just different.

Brad J

@Brad J that's quite the first bike!

I spy with my little eye a Machine Chinese enduro (maybe a 200cc?)
Man you are good. It was a 2005 Qujo Kinroad 200 Enduro that I got from a friend 4 years ago for $300. It sat for about 4 -5 years before that and had a bad carb and some other issues. I replaced the included Carb and then spark was hit and miss till I replaced the CVI ($10) and that seemed to help. I still didn't trust it and sold it on KSL in a day for $500
IMG_7718.JPG
Sweet! I picked mine up last month (replaced a VTX1800T that I logged 86k miles on). This BMW is stupid easy to check valves on! I've gotten about 800mi added to it (47k) and it has been a blast.
I got my BMW almost a year ago but it took a couple months to get an abandoned title for it. It had no brakes (ABS) and I finally got them working great in May when I got my Motorcycle endorsement. I am a little nervous to work on Bikes since they are different. I'm still nervous to ride with the crazy drivers that are out there as well.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
After that last ride, I realized I needed new foot pegs. But also that I am a cheapskate. I had a pair of take off dirtbike pegs, and with a little cutting and such, the work great.
198426C7-7DAD-4D08-A7FF-8E5169E9B8DC.jpeg
AAC7B49C-D645-4FC5-9CEB-14ED52CBBCD3.jpeg

They Are a tiny bit longer, but a whole lot wider. A much better platform.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I was just over at @ricsrx checking out his cafe bike... and it reminded me that I need to ride more... I propose the following:

Take an early day on a week day, Meet in Saratoga Springs about 4:00.
Loop around 5 mile to Vernon, and back to Eureka.
Eat dinner at 'B's Hangout' in Eureka
Head back to Saratoga.

Maps says it is about 126 miles. I would assume about 3 hours or so including dinner.

1616115831281.png

Maybe an April Fools ride??

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Have bike, Will travel, but 4/1 is middle of jeep safari. The next week is some dudes birthday bash.
Bad timing on my part.
I was trying to make it happen sooner rather than later.. and all my weekends are full for a while.

Maybe we will have to do a mid/late April ride?
Anyone else have an opinion?

boogie_4wheel

Weekend afternoons (either day), or weekdays after 4 (assuming I don't have kid duty depending on my wife's schedule). I could get off a little earlier, but not make a habit of it.

I'm in SLC and could get to most meeting places by 430 on the weekdays.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I was just over at @ricsrx checking out his cafe bike... and it reminded me that I need to ride more... I propose the following:

Take an early day on a week day, Meet in Saratoga Springs about 4:00.
Loop around 5 mile to Vernon, and back to Eureka.
Eat dinner at 'B's Hangout' in Eureka
Head back to Saratoga.

Maps says it is about 126 miles. I would assume about 3 hours or so including dinner.

View attachment 135810

Maybe an April Fools ride??

Ok, this is happening a week from today.

Thursday 29th. 4:00. Roll out by 4:15. Meet at the Chevron at the crossroads in Saratoga.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I've got 3 non-RME folks coming along.

I think we will throw in a small detour up HWY 199 and back as well. That is a fun curvy road to ride. Adds about 28 miles for the good stuff.

Last edited: