The RME street moto gang

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Do you guys put horns on your bikes? The stock horn is worthless on my bike.. and I'd like to make a little more noise when I point out how dumb texting mommies are when they merge over on me.
I can't trust amazon reviews, so I don't know what horn is actually loud.

Tonkaman

Do you guys put horns on your bikes? The stock horn is worthless on my bike.. and I'd like to make a little more noise when I point out how dumb texting mommies are when they merge over on me.
I can't trust amazon reviews, so I don't know what horn is actually loud.
There are some really noisy ones called “pipes”. You should get it 😁

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
More like a BMW 330i.

Thanks for letting me ride it yesterday! Pretty great machine!

After I posted that I realized it was a poor analogy… 330i is probably right, quality is there, great ride feel, power is nothing to write home about but plenty to have a good time.

The KLR650 is probably the civic equivalent

rholbrook

I have been riding this lately. Some bar risers were a big deal, make it more comfortable to ride off rode while standing. We did 240 miles on Friday. 30 of it was an absolute riot. Smooth double track with no ruts and some water diversion mounds every hundred yards or so that you could hit at 40-50 mph and really launch.

IMG_7538.JPG

We also hit this trail which was not fun on the GS1200. She is just too portly. There were two Tenres, my favorite, the KTM 890 Adventure R and the GS. Last week we had two other GS1200s with us. We are looking at a loop near Alpine, a loop from Moab through all the high passes in SW Colorado an the BDR in the next month or so. The Black Tenre hit a rock and messed up the kick starter safety switch. We ended up cutting the wire and twisting them together to make it run again.

Attachments

• IMG_9274.JPG
    IMG_9274.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9278.JPG
    IMG_9278.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7542.JPG
    IMG_7542.JPG
    578 KB · Views: 17