The RME street moto gang

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
That’s interesting!

A bike shop that doesn’t want to fix a bike does make me think it’s not going to be an easy thing

Still interesting tho

ChestonScout

Might stop and look on the way to juab enduro cross tomorrow

I’m still watching that 04 ktm I posted a few days ago. That one is calling my name for whatever reason

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Might stop and look on the way to juab enduro cross tomorrow

I’m still watching that 04 ktm I posted a few days ago. That one is calling my name for whatever reason

Those KTM 950/990's are big, heavy bikes... 550#'s IIRC. Once you get them rolling though, they feel lighter. They're pretty capable in the dirt, but you'll really feel the weight in technical, slow stuff. They get pretty bad mileage, but have a massive tank to help offset that. The engine is pretty complicated and has a few known issues, but they're fairly reliable. The carb bikes are preferred by most, the 990 EFI had some funky, not smooth acceleration issues you had to watch for. Mine was a 990 w/ EFI and it wasn't terrible.

They're great offroad/touring bikes though... close to 100 HP v-twin and suspension that's pretty decent from the factory. I put 10k miles on mine in a year, loved riding it. It was hands down my favorite bike.

ChestonScout

That’s good info @Greg

As much as I want an adventure bike, I still have the problem of nowhere to park one. I probably won’t get anything unless a deal pops up that’s just too good to turn down

I’ve been considering building a bike shop/shed in the back yard. Maybe I need to look at that a little harder

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
That’s good info @Greg

As much as I want an adventure bike, I still have the problem of nowhere to park one. I probably won’t get anything unless a deal pops up that’s just too good to turn down

I’ve been considering building a bike shop/shed in the back yard. Maybe I need to look at that a little harder

I have a fair amount of dimensional lumber that needs a new home. You'd need a trailer (we can use mine) as some of the 2x4 and 2x6 are 16' long or something similar

ChestonScout

I have a fair amount of dimensional lumber that needs a new home. You'd need a trailer (we can use mine) as some of the 2x4 and 2x6 are 16' long or something similar
I’m also tinkering on finishing my basement. I should probably take it off your hands!

Could you text me a pic of what you have?