The RME street moto gang

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I did a thing today.

View attachment 150508

I normally wouldn’t have.. but @glockman has been posting all the work he is doing, and I felt peer pressured. I also knew @nnnnnate needed more moto content in his life.
I'm down with road bikes, just not dirt bikes and since you're posting in the "street moto" thread this isn't bothering me one bit.

Your oil looks pretty dark though bud. You should have changed that sooner... <furrowed brow>

Also, that secondary screen looks ridiculous.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I'm down with road bikes, just not dirt bikes and since you're posting in the "street moto" thread this isn't bothering me one bit.

Your oil looks pretty dark though bud. You should have changed that sooner... <furrowed brow>

Also, that secondary screen looks ridiculous.
The wrench to fun ratio is higher on a dirt bike than a rock crawler.

Have you seen the bike that screen is on? That's the best part ;)

I didn’t know blue bikes could do that…
Red bikes don't need it either apparently 😘

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Have you seen the bike that screen is on? That's the best part ;)

I have been poking at Brian too much lately so I'll be done after this but I honestly first pictured this when I saw that visor. I wondered when he got a scooter. In Spain everyone drives scooters and a lot of the old guys had these super tall shields. And some of them had little vents built in to the shield you could open I guess to get a little airflow.

This was the old guy scooter. The Suzuki Burgman. Refined. Elegant. Executive.

suzuki-burgman-2013-2.jpg

Suzuki-Burgman-650-Executive-500x500.jpg

And @Gravy, I don't rock crawl. Lately I don't even go on dirt so there is no fun to be had by this guy.

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
but I honestly first pictured this when I saw that visor. I wondered when he got a scooter.

It's not a contest winning windshield for sure. I don't know exactly when it happened.. but I have traded in all my Give A F#@$'s for being comfortable.
I know it started with vented fishing shirts few years ago.. when it completely took over though is a mystery

02SE

Hey man, if that burgman had a higher top speed than 59 mph I'd buy one and roll to the office with my briefcase tucked between my calves everyday of the week.

I don't know if you're serious, but a 650 Burgman can do around 100 mph using a GPS (speedo with the usual optimistic error).

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
It doesn't look like they sell the 650 burgman new though, and the 400 is listed at the lower top speed.

02SE

The 400 can do around 90 mph.

FWIW, I've never owned a scooter, but have ridden lots of them, mostly on racing teams I've worked with who use them for transportation around the pits, and of course seeing what they can do when bored...

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My dad sent me this picture. Wrecked his bike this morning. He was on the new cascade springs road. He’s mostly ok we think. Will be pretty sore for a couple days I bet.
Busted his windshield off as he went through it.
It took a few people that stopped to help to get it back up and on the road.

C1FDA285-DAE8-4412-A40E-283B9F4300EA.jpeg

rholbrook

My dad sent me this picture. Wrecked his bike this morning. He was on the new cascade springs road. He’s mostly ok we think. Will be pretty sore for a couple days I bet.
Busted his windshield off as he went through it.
It took a few people that stopped to help to get it back up and on the road.

Sorry to hear about your father. I hope he heals fast