The RME street moto gang

rholbrook

I am putting this out there as an invite. My oldest boy and I are going for a ride Saturday. I have narrowed it down a little bit between two routes. One is Bear Lake and back via Ogden Valley, Monte Christo and Curtis Creek or Uintas via the gas plant above Coalville possibly to Dutch John and back if anyone wants to join. I would be open to look at other routes too. The goal here is very little asphault.

rholbrook

A90BCC2C-EBA5-4162-9CFF-FD0A3787CE36.jpeg
My oldest boy and I left home at 730am, met up with a buddy from Huntsville and road to Bear Lake via Curtis Creek and Otter Creek, at an early lunch and returned via Peter Sinks, Hardware Ranch and Ant Flats back to Huntsville and then back to Kaysville. Really dusty but still a great time. Prior to this ride, I got the CAT delete pipe and spring exhaust guard in and the Rekluse installed. The 890 now has over 1K miles on it. I still have a few thing left to put on it and will get it done in the next week before my next ride.

rholbrook

Let me throw some more fuel on that fire @ChestonScout

I still have boxes of parts to throw on it and since you road it yesterday I added a center stand and the Touratech skid plate. I have the Touratech lower crash bars to go along with the uppers that are on it now but I ran out of time tonight. Why put a center stand on an adventure bike? I have not had the pleasure of fixing a flat tire out on the dirt road yet but I have seen it done. First off, these big bikes don’t like laying on their sides to remove a tire, second off, I cringe when I see it done. A center stand lifts the rear off the ground to make easy work of removing the rear wheel. If I put weight on the rear of the seat, the front tire will come off the ground. That fixes my anxiety of having the bike laying on its side.
C58E0682-CAE5-4FBD-8CFB-8447008A4259.jpeg28D08657-0474-449B-9B27-E57353414ABD.jpeg3359D466-AAA0-4890-A0FA-E7BBAA6D2EC1.jpegOE Skid plate removed for the Touratech
1E9F78A2-81F2-4425-A2B9-A9E54C2239D9.jpeg1B976A26-2099-4149-9799-8A3F4C67B576.jpeg1E45A52E-966A-4581-A6EE-CCE4D7A77229.jpegDBF575BD-8174-4BC4-BF7C-5E48354D357F.jpeg
I still have some Cyclops lights to add along with the bracket. They wire directly into the high beam switch and I opted for the yellow lens covers for day light driving. The only thing left to add is the Mosko Moto day pack they just came out with. It’s bought, just waiting for them to get shipped.

I put another 269 miles on it last Thursday going from Kaysville to Coalville to the gas plant and into the Uintas Got a treat in Bear River Service and the up Mirror Lake Hwy to Soapstone and then over towards Tabiona and down to Kamas for lunch and then back home. I absolutely love this bike. It flat rips and is a ton lighter then the 1190 KTM and the GS 1200 BMW. It’s smooth and comfortable on the asphalt yet nimble enough in the dirt. The best of both worlds.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Son wanted some dad time, so we went out to the shop to work on his dirt bike. His attention span lasted about 4.3 minutes and then he left.
So I took the time to clean up a bit.. and had a collection of broken tools and extra items that needed to go back to the Home Depot.
Against all logic, I jumped on the street bike and went for a ride.
It was not warm for sure, but it felt good just to be out for a second.