Jeep The RME4x4 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Ha!! I use that same red HD bags for my tools in all of my cars. Cool find on the center compartment tray, I'll have to look that one up.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've wanted a Vector Dock in my Jeep since I had my JKU, pretty excited to get one in the Gladiator now! I went with the Curve E-Dock and love it. They're very handy, making access to your phone, camera, radio, tablet, etc quite convenient. The build quality is excellent, too. Always happy to support the local business, too!

20190824_103513.jpg

IMG_20190826_110236_601.jpg

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I really need to stop following this thread. Otherwise as soon as someone solves how to retrofit a bench seat in the front of a gladiator I'mma run down to the dealer like my hair's on fire, mortgage...uh, something... and git me one.

Screenshot_20190826-160939.png

As the old saying goes, "Children are an inheritance from the Lord...but four kids means your vehicle options suck, so think that one through!"

ID Bronco

I really need to stop following this thread. Otherwise as soon as someone solves how to retrofit a bench seat in the front of a gladiator I'mma run down to the dealer like my hair's on fire, mortgage...uh, something... and git me one.

View attachment 122081

As the old saying goes, "Children are an inheritance from the Lord...but four kids means your vehicle options suck, so think that one through!"

I agree, when we had our 5th, it was like..................crap, now the crew cab won't hold all of us, so it's 2 rigs when we go camping or pull anything heavy.

Greg

Admin
Finally towed the Willys CJ2a behind the Gladiator! It was just a local tow test, didn't go on the freeway. I was actually VERY impressed with how it does with a heavy load behind it. I'd guess it's 5,000# total, the Rubicon Gladiator has a tow capacity of 7000#'s. The suspension is pretty soft, shocks are valved VERY lightly so it bounces more than I'd like, it really needs a brake controller but otherwise it's pretty impressive for a V6 Wrangler-based Jeep truck. IMO the 8 speed automatic is a huge factor in how well it tows, getting up to speed the engine rev's pretty high. Once up to speed, it'll run in 6th & 7th gear around 50-55 MPH.

20190902_113803-L.jpg

20190902_113737-L.jpg

I also really love the gauges on the entertainment system, you can monitor engine temp, trans fluid temp, oil pressure & oil temp, etc.

20190902_121650-L.jpg

Greg

Admin
Stop being lazy and put that 2" Teraflex kit on there!!!

Lazy? I've been busier than a billygoat with 2 peckers! Besides, there is something else going on before the leveling kit and Falcons.

Love those gauges. Does yours have the front camera also?

The gauges are so nice, I had gauges on my TrailDash II in the JKU but the factory addition is nice. I didn't opt for the front camera, I scoffed at the idea thinking it was a waste of money... but there have been times I wished I had it! I think it was an $800 option. I have heard you can add an aftermarket one and tie it in to to the entertainment system.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I was at the Jeep dealership today and noticed that there are three transfer cars options for the JL. Same for the JT?

Selec-trac
Rock-trac
Command-trac (?)

Sounded like a modern iteration of the 231, 241 and 242?

Caleb

I think those t-cases all depend on the model of JL you get (so not really a selectable option). IIRC, the selec-trac is only in the Moab and Sahara and is for full-time 4wd (2.73:1 low), the Rock-trac is only available on the Rubicon (4:1 low), and the command-trac is everything else (2.73:1 low). I believe the JT only offers the command-trac in all model except for the Rubicon which gets the Rock-trac.

Greg

Admin
Well, onto Stage 2 of the build! Here's what it took;

1. Teraflex 1.5" spacer leveling kit
  2. Daystar 3/4" rear spacer
  3. Falcon 2.1 monotube shocks
  4. American Adventure Labs Highline Brace & DRL's
  5. American Adventure Labs Quick Release Front Inner fenders
  6. AEV Salta JK-spec wheels, powder coated with Illusion Cherry
  7. BFGoodrich KM3 tires

I did the lift, shocks and AAL parts over 2 days. None of it was too difficult, just took some time. To install the leveling kit and spring spacer, I had to get the weight off the springs, remove the fronts and then slide the spacers in place. Getting the shocks on was simple, nothing difficult about them. The AAL fender parts were more involved, they required removing the front fenders and stripping out the plastic inner fender liners and bolting the new aluminum inner fenders.

i-kVQrZHW-L.jpg

i-trxjggC-L.jpg

i-zP88fdr-L.jpg

i-dt2X7Jh-L.jpg