The Snakes; Weather & Trail conditions

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Thought people might appricate a on going thread of what the snakes trail and condition are currently. We just did a test run in my employee's tracker that we lifted and put 33's on. The snakes trail was super clear and there was not any mud or snow as of yesterday the 14th of dec. But shorty after the snakes trail ends and you head towards waynes world it get snowy and slick fast, either way we had a blast.I hope that as people go run this trail this winter that you can come back and update this thread to help others thanks:D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I love this idea, thanks for starting it.

FYI, "The Snakes" generally refers to the pair of trails. Rattlesnake is the bottom, easier trail. Constrictor is the upper, more difficult trail that starts with the Wayne's World obstacle. Both trails are named after snakes, so collectively they are known as "The Snakes".

I prefer "Rattle-Con".

iamsparticus

I love this idea, thanks for starting it.

FYI, "The Snakes" generally refers to the pair of trails. Rattlesnake is the bottom, easier trail. Constrictor is the upper, more difficult trail that starts with the Wayne's World obstacle. Both trails are named after snakes, so collectively they are known as "The Snakes".

I prefer "Rattle-Con".

Alright rattle-con is the offical name of the collective trail lower is rattle snake and upper is of course constrictor. I figured since every week or weekend people are going to the snakes it would be nice to know what the status is. I would like this kind of thread for all our common trails its a great resource

leemastergt

1/28/2012- Snow on both rattlesnake and Constrictor. Snow on Rattlesnake was melting in the afternoon. Whole trail was driveable. Constrictor was snowy to the point that just past Wayne's World my group turned around. Locked rigs with 35s. Wayne's World itself is muddy and slick.

leemastergt

Looking to go this Saturday, hoping that it stays warm this whole week to melt a bunch of the snow. Anybody been up to at least start Constrictor and knows what the snow pack is looking like?

leemastergt

Supposed to rain in the middle of the week but be back around 50 after that.

Eff... Just looked and saw the same. Should be slick up there then. Looks like I'm not making it too far up constrictor. Oh well Rattlesnake is always a good time and we'll see how far we get.

Smittyauto

So, yesterday 2 if us in our XJ's went out and ran Rattle Snake. We planned on running Constrictor as well, however we both ran into a few issues. I had a broken brake line in the first few minutes of being there, luckily it was the rear, and after pinching it off I actually accomplished Waynes World!!! My buddy Steve bent a Tie rod, popped a bead, and broke a motor mount!!! Just one of those days.....All in all it was a great time. the trails were dry, and I was surprised how easily I was able to walk up Waynes World, this was the second attempt, and the first time i made it. Needless to say I was pretty damn excited!!!! check out the video [video=youtube;gz2jOTYlLio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz2jOTYlLio&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
^^ I liked that you made it smooth and easy.. Not full throttle spitting rocks and dirt. I can often sympathize with the liberals when I see trail destruction from the WOT guys. Real nice video ;)

iamsparticus

heading up this afternoon anyone know if the snow is bad, also anyone is welcome to join with us ben down there about 2pm at the chevron