The Snowshoeing Thread

Rock Taco

I'm glad I checked this thread. I was going to join you. That's pretty crazy that we were just there not to long ago.

ozzy702

Anyone interested in snowshoeing up to dog lake (north side of big cottonwood, not the south side brighton lake) on Saturday morning? I may be able to get away for a few hours and wanted to get some much needed and long overdue exercise.

Rock Taco

Looks like I will be out of town this weekend other wise I wouldnt mind joining you.

On another note I finally pulled the trigger on some snow shoes of my own this last weekend. Kirkhams is having a 40% off sale right now.

ozzy702

Went out with Galen this morning to Mill D up Big Cottonwood canyon. The trail was so packed that we didn't bother to use snowshoes. Made to dog lake in two hours and back down in under an hour. Good times.

IMG_3727_zps65819551.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3733_zpscece2fd5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3732_zps55a0b592.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3744_zps97431da3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3745_zps8ef97bc7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3746_zpsec15928e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rock Taco

This thread has been pretty dead this year but I was thinking about getting out tomorrow evening. Anyone want to tag along? Maybe doughnut falls?

sixstringsteve

tempting. Avalanche danger is pretty high right now, but I'm thinking of a snowshoeing backpacking trip this weekend up AF Canyon if you're interested.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
This thread has been pretty dead this year but I was thinking about getting out tomorrow evening. Anyone want to tag along? Maybe doughnut falls?

Donut falls is so packed out right now I doubt you'd need snow shoes

That being said depending on where you go and the duration your planning I could be game

Last edited:

Rock Taco

tempting. Avalanche danger is pretty high right now, but I'm thinking of a snowshoeing backpacking trip this weekend up AF Canyon if you're interested.

I might be able to be persuaded depending on where and when.

Donut falls is so packed out right now I doubt you'd need snow shoes

That being said depending on where you go and the duration your planning I could be game

Even with all of the snow we just got? I dont want to do anything too long or strenuous. Have you seen me? :eek: If anyone has any other suggestions post up.

smartass_kid

i's crazy that this hasn't been bumped since we got tons of snow recently. I went out Sunday late morning in BCC above hidden falls. Trail wasn't too compacted after first ½ mile and once i started to climb vertical it was way powdery with moose track on the trail.
DSC07489.JPGDSC07490.JPGDSC07494.JPGDSC07495.JPGDSC07497.JPGDSC07500.JPGDSC07502.JPGDSC07503.JPGDSC07504.JPG

Attachments

• DSC07496.JPG
    DSC07496.JPG
    594.2 KB · Views: 8

ozzy702

My wife and I headed up to lake Blanche to snowshoe on Saturday. We had a few friends with us but they turned back after the first mile or so. We picked up our pace after that and did great for the next mile until the snow got deeper and less packed down. You could tell that most people turned around by the end of mile two. The last third of the hike was steep and deep but the views at the top were very rewarding. I'd like to get out more this winter, especially since we finally have a decent amount of snow.

IMG_0156_zpszm3stofk.jpg

IMG_0146_zpshptd5lgj.jpg

IMG_0133_zpswtfdlrwx.jpg

IMG_0140_zpswzjszpbj.jpg

IMG_0129_zpstxfhhl5x.jpg

sun%20dial2_zpsdhcjh5s4.jpg