Trip Report The sun pouring it's scorching rays down upon us with such fervor...

DAA

"Crossing this valley, the sun pouring it's rays down upon us with such fervor as nearly to parch our bridle reins into a crisp" - Edwin Bryant, Aug 7, 1846, Hastings Cutoff, Independence Valley

20201003_Rockland-68W.jpg

Out farting around with my buddy Steve in his F-150 this weekend. It was so dry... How dry was it? Dry enough to get the truck stuck, in the dust...

20201003_Rockland-13W.jpg

20201003_Rockland-9W.jpg

With some Maxtrax we foraged nearby, the high lift, a shovel and a big hammer, we got it going again without too, too much trouble. Video below...

Good fun!

- DAA

DAA

Ahhh, the wreck wrap... That's for pin stripe reduction. He ran out so only did the passenger side this trip. It works really well at greatly reducing the pin stripe though. His last truck, a '14 EB, we scratched the bejeezus out of it to where he took a pretty good hit on trade in. Been running this plastic wrap crap on this one and it does work. Paint still looks good on this one.

- DAA

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So did you just go back the other way or did you take a different line through the dust? You see Dave, the problem is that you need to stay on track that is more traveled. Like, if you hadn't seen anyone for hours you are in the wrong place. :) Stick with the people.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So did you just go back the other way or did you take a different line through the dust? You see Dave, the problem is that you need to stay on track that is more traveled. Like, if you hadn't seen anyone for hours you are in the wrong place. :) Stick with the people.

You feeling OK?

My trip out on the PET last weekend was full of moon dust. There were pits in the road full of it, especially by the geode beds. I don't really remember it ever being that deep out there! One pit was so deep it came over the bumper/hood/windshield of my Ram 3500. Unfortunately, the A/C was not on recirc, so we got a blast of dust in the cab!