The things that make you go .... what a dumb a$$!

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
Ok I know we all have at least one or more stories to share ... so start spillin' the details.....

Here is my EJS Dumba$$ story ... Big Sat ... on any trail it's slow ... I'm ok with that ... lets me take more pictures :D But we did Kane Creek and there was these Dumba$$'s from colorado that rented brand new 2005 Dodge Durangos ... and took them on the trail {shake head}. The stoped and shopped each other through mud holes, and their pasenger twits hold branches back so they didn't scratch the paint. I hope they paid for the insurance since they put a hole in the radiator in one of them :-\

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Climbing Dixie rock in St George this weekend I watched a 3 year old little boy climb a rock unassisted while he was being "watched" by his grandmother. Almost gave me a heart attack. I ran over there and pulled him off the rock as fast as I could. Maybe I am paranoid but I don't think a kid that can barely walk should be scaling a rock wall. Kid still had a diaper on!

I thought the G-ma was a dumb@$$

:ugh:

:eek:

Last edited:

footin fool

Last year I was on pritchet and ran in to a kid from Colorado with a buddy and to 16 year old girls. Thought they were on Kane creek. No tools no maps stock 76 jeep no food no water nothing. they had busted a center pin on the right rear eaf pack. Somebody had given tham a pin, lucky. had to be home
that night. Well we had air and tools and fixed for them since they had no idea. All ht e while thay are talking shiz on My dads jeep with the air and tools that fixing their a$$. They said that jeep shouldn't be here. :rofl: :rofl: Any way we got them fixed and headed out. We turned around and went out instead of the dirt road. they stayed with us and on the last obstical, the stair case He pops the clutch and hits the rocks at and bounces back down into the soft sand. we finally get him stable and he pops the clutch in reverse and roll the the jeep 1 1/2 times in tho the tree. Luckly the girls were out, he did not even have the back seat bolted down. He was lucky he didn't kill any body that day

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Here's my fav story lately,

I go for a leasurely cruise up Mantua towards Willard Peak a couple of weeks ago and I come upon a Ford 1/2 ton pickup in the middle of the road. I drive around it and keep on cruising up the road. The whole time I am looking for signs of life because the truck was empty. I started to get into some heavy snow and decided to turn around. As I was coming down the truck that was in the middle of the road is now sideways in the middle of the road and it's front tires are sunk in the snow. I stop and winch him out and he tells me his buddy is stuck back in the tree's.

I thought the guy just wanted me to get off the trail so he could hack me up and feed me to the coyotes or something. I couldn't see any tracks leading back there but I did get a glimpse of reverse lights back in the trees. I got a good run at it and started blasting my way back into there. I pulled up to the back of this Grand Cherokee that was sunk all the way to it's body panels. The doors were literally touching the snow! :eek:

I asked them what happened and they told me they had gone wheeling at about 12 AM and the snow had a thick layer of ice on it. They drove on top of the snow and hit a soft spot in the snow. They left the Jeep there overnight and came back the next day to get it. They tried a few different trucks and couldn't get them back there far enough to pull them out. I hooked onto a tree and hooked the winch to them and started pulling them out. The idiots were trying to reverse out and everytime they hit the gas they would sink. I told them to put it in neutral and I would pull them out in reverse. I also told them to stay in my tracks so I wasn't pulling them through the snow. Needless to say they didn't stay in the tracks and they started trying to reverse out again. They would sink themselves and then I would sink while trying to pull them out.

After a few times of winching myself out and then pulling them again I just gave up. I had told them a few times to stop reversing and just let me pull but they weren't listening to me. They finally got traction and just about backed into my Jeep while they ran over the tow strap. :mad2: I unhooked from them and said.. "this is getting too dangerous, you are close enough; get yourself the rest of the way out."

They all started pushing the guy out and he made it. I stayed just in case they couldn't make it out. I was following them down the canyon road and the guy in the Ford stopped and took his truck out of 4wd. He started going down and slid on some ice, lost control, and ended up in a snow bank. I pulled him out AGAIN and told him to lock it back into 4.

It was a fun eventful day!

what a bunch of idiots :rolleyes:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
People who don't follow instructions while being rescued deserve to be left there.

on a related note, I once punched a guy in the mouth while hanging off a high ropes course. He kept fighting me and making it very dangerous and difficult to secure him to our rescue rig (people would fall in the middle, get tangled up, whatever: we had rescue rigs heheh) and after I took an elbow to the temple I popped him and told him to chill the hell out, I was there to help. Finally got him down, iced his lip, he was much cooler on the ground LOL

plus, everyone else followed directions after that. :rofl:

footin fool

Tacoma said:
People who don't follow instructions while being rescued deserve to be left there.

on a related note, I once punched a guy in the mouth while hanging off a high ropes course. He kept fighting me and making it very dangerous and difficult to secure him to our rescue rig (people would fall in the middle, get tangled up, whatever: we had rescue rigs heheh) and after I took an elbow to the temple I popped him and told him to chill the hell out, I was there to help. Finally got him down, iced his lip, he was much cooler on the ground LOL

plus, everyone else followed directions after that. :rofl:

way to go :rofl:

Turbobob

Semper Fi
We were running the Rusty Nail over EJS and when we cleared the second obstacle, this guy in a nicely built YJ came up the obstacle and at the top, there is a tree. Instead of backing up to clear the tree, the guy's dad broke a branch off of the tree so he could clear it without scratching the Jeep. A few of us yelled at him for his actions, but he just walked off. The thing that killed me, was the entire Jeep was Rhino lined on the outside! :rolleyes: What a bunch of meatheads!

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
Tacoma said:
hahaha I'd have liked to see that. Did you heckle them at least??

Na I learned my lesson about 3 years ago not to get to verbal when I guy tried to deck me after I told him to pick up his trash.

As soon as I figure out where I put my camera I'll post pictures with my own thought bubbles added of them. Maybe they'll see the pics and realize they where stupid.

great scott

Webby said:
Ok I know we all have at least one or more stories to share ... so start spillin' the details.....

Here is my EJS Dumba$$ story ... Big Sat ... on any trail it's slow ... I'm ok with that ... lets me take more pictures :D But we did Kane Creek and there was these Dumba$$'s from colorado that rented brand new 2005 Dodge Durangos ... and took them on the trail {shake head}. The stoped and shopped each other through mud holes, and their pasenger twits hold branches back so they didn't scratch the paint. I hope they paid for the insurance since they put a hole in the radiator in one of them :-\

I was on that trail myself. It was amazing how much faster things went after they finnaly turned back.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Turbobob said:
We were running the Rusty Nail over EJS and when we cleared the second obstacle, this guy in a nicely built YJ came up the obstacle and at the top, there is a tree. Instead of backing up to clear the tree, the guy's dad broke a branch off of the tree so he could clear it without scratching the Jeep. A few of us yelled at him for his actions, but he just walked off. The thing that killed me, was the entire Jeep was Rhino lined on the outside! :rolleyes: What a bunch of meatheads!

but you got to love karma, as later he pulled up to some little ledge and goosed it and blew up the yoke on his rock-jock 60 :rofl:

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
We had some dumba$$ smoking weed in our motel every night :mad2: It kept coming through the ventilation system, at one point you could have gotten a contact buzz just by going in our bathroom. But justice was served, he was ratted out and then arrested!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Turbobob said:
You should have broke his mirror off. :mad2:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I was down the first weekend and saw a generalized group of idiots. I know not all of them are bad, but the quads and motorcycles I saw were never on the trail. They were going too fast to yell at too. Until they crashed then didn't feel I needed to yell at them.

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
great scott said:
I was on that trail myself. It was amazing how much faster things went after they finnaly turned back.

REALLY!!! What was you driving ... I was in the Jeep Cherokee (with the 'haunter' plate and the annoying teenagers)