The "trophy husband" pro mod buggy build

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
You should donate a pair of shoes to that homeless guy, or at least some laces. You know, for good karma.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
You should donate a pair of shoes to that homeless guy, or at least some laces. You know, for good karma.
Some slag caught that lace and demolished it. Surprising enough the design of those high quality skate shoes 🤣 makes them not fall off, even without laces.
Sacrifices have to made to have a buggy
I wear my shoes until they have holes in them so the buggy can have stickies!

N-Smooth

Well it’s either horrible timing (financially) or great timing (for lifting my spirits)… I had parts arrive today.

I got a steering stem and pulley ordered earlier this week and received some other stuff I ordered: steering wheel, brake pedal, brake master and battery terminals all from summit. I also got the cylinder mounts from Hulse engineering. They’re super slick, low profile to keep the ram closer to the axle and they hold the ram in place laterally so I don’t have to use 3 or 4 “regular” clamps. It’s also nice to support a Utah guy.

Oh and I got a big magnetic tray because I needed to spend a few more $$$ to get free shipping.
00E8B214-39BC-4539-BF22-DB6D072AA19D.jpeg
9FC786AE-9DA7-4186-8568-ADA898532665.jpeg

N-Smooth

Not the update I wanted but it’s been a long, shitty week with all the employment drama and I’ve been quite blue. I came out to the garage today intending to get a lot of stuff done… but I’m still just not in the mood. So I decided that full bump is just what the dr ordered and it definitely helps.
55F1CF31-0E3B-4A72-A22B-46B334EF2A72.jpeg
83076159-A12A-4D0B-B4B9-9E6360621AC8.jpeg
45AA930C-18C9-4318-A8BC-7F94B3539678.jpeg
C7A6479E-76D3-4775-AF8B-886B50FDC084.jpeg

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Can't believe how quickly it's coming together, what's next? Plumbing, wiring, driveshafts?
Just like all of the things! Driveshafts, steering, skid plates, controls layout/dash and then plumbing, wiring and random stuff.

Also need to measure for axle shafts and order them but that sounds hard.

N-Smooth

I made a couple calls to @Agility Customs, Intermountain Trans and Cope Racing Transmission to confirm I get the trans build right. I just ordered one of these pretty things and when it arrives I'll take it all to Intermountain to be built. Can't wait.
1680811418718.png
For anyone that is curious, much of my confusion stemmed from my trans being a lock up 904. I didn't know that they came in lock up and non-lock up and if you get it wrong, you'll have problems. Interesting stuff that I'm glad to have sorted for sure. Oh and now I need to convince my bestie to help me plug the vent and drill a new one in the top. That'll be fun! Ask him what happens if you don't do that... :rofl:

I made a couple calls to @Agility Customs, Intermountain Trans and Cope Racing Transmission to confirm I get the trans build right. I just ordered one of these pretty things and when it arrives I'll take it all to Intermountain to be built. Can't wait.
View attachment 158627
For anyone that is curious, much of my confusion stemmed from my trans being a lock up 904. I didn't know that they came in lock up and non-lock up and if you get it wrong, you'll have problems. Interesting stuff that I'm glad to have sorted for sure. Oh and now I need to convince my bestie to help me plug the vent and drill a new one in the top. That'll be fun! Ask him what happens if you don't do that... :rofl:
How do you tell the difference?

Agility Customs

Vendor
And tell us about the new vent hole. Different spot or bigger/smaller?

The stock breather is in the pump behind the torque converter and if you put the vehicle on any real angle it just PUKES everywhere. So we drill and tap the top of the case for a new vent about halfway between the bell housing and tail housing.

N-Smooth

What Ryan didn’t mention is that nobody told him that on his first moonbuggy build so when we took it out to test it, it was SPRAYING atf everywhere when at the wrong (or should I say right?) angle. It was super neato 🤣

Also the valve body got here today and it’s purrrrdy. It even came with some stickers and a tootsie roll. I love places that still do that as it gives it an old school feel.

Agility Customs

Vendor
What Ryan didn’t mention is that nobody told him that on his first moonbuggy build so when we took it out to test it, it was SPRAYING atf everywhere when at the wrong (or should I say right?) angle. It was super neato 🤣

I like to learn things the hard way