The we like to wheel not build , buggy rebuild thread

zukijames

Since your X on the B pillar horizontal shoulder bar doesn't come to a complete node, i'd like to see some kind or plate gusset tying the X's to juan another.

View attachment 121493

Poor Node design. . . >View attachment 121494

Meh it will stay like this. Originally was layed out as a normal x and didn’t like it.

Plenty of buggies out there with just half an X like this / offering no support for the opposite corner. And lots of 4 seater running it like hers is set up.

This keeps the tube further from her head and makes access to her access cab easier .but a tube gusset would be cool .

zukijames

Then we decided to be grown ups bought our first house. It has an okay sized shop.

4CEC8461-06E2-483E-907E-53865C4FC958.jpeg
The buggy got pushed into the corner and ignored for awhile.F1D9D367-7C8F-4DC3-BE98-43EDB7783928.jpeg

Then I decided to tip it over .AFA2CC32-C581-48D4-B153-F6A7CBE87EDD.jpeg4B665D77-7C82-4C6D-852B-7EAA57A06108.jpeg
Brought the cab home and worked on it a little .
5BFDFD99-E463-4F1A-B632-BAAA420827BA.jpeg
Put the Cab back on7BC8E087-C536-4D9F-BC86-232D5AC8CACC.jpeg

Then we bought another Zuk Chassis for the wife hoping. We could get it in on the trail for her faster. Once we got it and saw it she decided just to wait longer and have the Xtra Cab Zuk.
E3BE7ADA-A09F-4791-AB44-625258E73307.jpeg

So we robbed the narrowed hood and some sheet metal from it just to look at things.
13B26326-506B-4BD6-94C8-82CCC500106F.jpeg

Got some wheels .

09333287-20D1-45C2-AADD-05E91C419D44.jpeggave it a sweet paint job and played more mock up.

83E609BF-0561-4D0F-9F32-B399614418A6.jpeg

zukijames

Love this build. I'm betting Maddie is pretty excited about it.
She is definitely looking forward to wheeling with an automatic again ( hashes got a broken / ruined / a few failed surgeries left foot and working the clutch in my buggy makes her limp the next day lol )

Ashcat

Triangles...not squares. Trapezoids are not triangles.

You should really take this warning seriously. Why go to the effort of slinging tube if you don’t understand the value of safety or basic geometry? There’s a lot of opportunity for it to be corrected without changing a thing you’ve done so far.

You react to it as flaming or negative criticism but we’re all just looking out for you and your otherwise talented fab work. The picture supporting the statement YROC posted wasn’t a high speed wreck. The guy pulled a wheel stand and it went over. Iirc they were in pretty bad shape afterwards. Ultimate adventure maybe? It’s not an isolated incident either.

I really dig your cab modifications. Rock on

zukijames

Triangles...not squares. Trapezoids are not triangles.

You should really take this warning seriously. Why go to the effort of slinging tube if you don’t understand the value of safety or basic geometry? There’s a lot of opportunity for it to be corrected without changing a thing you’ve done so far.

You react to it as flaming or negative criticism but we’re all just looking out for you and your otherwise talented fab work. The picture supporting the statement YROC posted wasn’t a high speed wreck. The guy pulled a wheel stand and it went over. Iirc they were in pretty bad shape afterwards. Ultimate adventure maybe? It’s not an isolated incident either.

I really dig your cab modifications. Rock on
Do you have a picture of the rest of the rig ?

zukijames

The back of the cab and rear hoop has been driving me nuts. It’s the wife’s rig so I told her she had to decide .. For now she’s decided on no rear fender / panel and the finish the cab off like this . There will be tube at the edge of the card board lolAB09969E-80EF-44DE-AA4A-E2C6DB5BC932.jpeg