The 'What did I replace or fix on my motorcycle' thread

Caleb

Most plastic tanks leech gas fumes thru the plastic and paint just won't stick with that going on. Same thing with stickers, overtime they get gooey and start to peel off.

My buddy tried to get his tank wrapped several years ago. It stuck pretty good for about half a season or so, then it started to peel up on the edges.

rholbrook

Today I replaced the countershaft seal on Harrisons KTM 200 XCW. In all my years of owning Yamahas, I have never replaced one. Now that I ride KTMs, I have replaced one in my 300 and now on the 200. What is up with that?

D

Deleted member 12904

Today I replaced a broken kickstand and added a much needed grab handle on the old 300.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
That kickstand looks nice. I like the black. Tusk is really stepping up their game. That thing is half what a KTM kickstand cost, looks identical and unless they made it with reclaimed solder and hotwheels bodies it will be stronger.

rholbrook

Tonight I replaced the rear bearings in both mine and Harrison's KTMs. In doing so I found out badly I need to replace my swing arm bearings. They are pretty loose. I also replaced one of my radiator hoses that was splitting and when its really hot it likes to spew steam and thats where it comes from.

J-mobzz

Does anyone have experience with the Rekluse RadiusX Clutch? I picked up a 2012 RMZ 450 I want to throw a rekluse in and wouldn’t mind saving the $400 on this model.

J-mobzz

So talking to Rekluse it sounds like as long as my stock clutch basket and pressure plate are in good condition the RadiusX will work great for me. So I went ahead and ordered it.