The Wife's EcoBoost F150

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
While you are at it, replace the the plug wires. That is what went out on mine first. It was shorting on the head causing it to miss. Use anti-seize as well but you know that.

I was wondering about the plug wires, looked at a set yesterday. Good call! And Yes on the anti-seize... :D

Greg

Admin

rholbrook

I went to LHM on 13th South yesterday ready to pull the trigger. I couldn’t get help. Finally after about 15 min of waiting I left. They have the exact one I want too. So does Dahle in Springville but I didn’t want to drive down there

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have bought my last 6 fords from EK. Just thought I would try something a little different

I've been willing to give Performance Ford in Bountiful a chance in the past. They tried to SCREW my son over on a trade. Probably the worst deal on paper I've ever seen. We all know the drill of a trade in at the dealership. He was well prepared but they went above and beyond in raking him over the coals dept. They happened to call me the next day for a survey on our Lincoln. I told them I was grumpy enough at them that I must have been in an excellent mood to even take the call. I told them with the kind of deal that you offered my son and how you tried to take advantage of someone inexperienced, I'd never buy or encourage buying from there again. To hell with those guys.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I went to LHM on 13th South yesterday ready to pull the trigger. I couldn’t get help. Finally after about 15 min of waiting I left. They have the exact one I want too. So does Dahle in Springville but I didn’t want to drive down there
I had the same experience at that location. Don't give them your phone number though, because they will harass the hell out of you if they have a number to call/text.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I've been willing to give Performance Ford in Bountiful a chance in the past. They tried to SCREW my son over on a trade. Probably the worst deal on paper I've ever seen. We all know the drill of a trade in at the dealership. He was well prepared but they went above and beyond in raking him over the coals dept. They happened to call me the next day for a survey on our Lincoln. I told them I was grumpy enough at them that I must have been in an excellent mood to even take the call. I told them with the kind of deal that you offered my son and how you tried to take advantage of someone inexperienced, I'd never buy or encourage buying from there again. To hell with those guys.
I had the absolute worst experience buying from Performance in Bountiful. I will NEVER set foot on their lot again. They are dirty as can be and will lie and try to screw you every bad way possible. Never, Ever, will I reccomend them. Their GM Bill Barnes is a complete @$$hole, and the old sales manager, i forget his name, was every stereotype possible for a used car salesman.

They told me I HAD to finance through Ford to get my deal, then when I got to the finance guy, he said I HAD to get gap insurance and HAD to get Key insurance to get the deal the sales manager gave me. Wanting to get out of there, I agreed to both and left. A few days later I gave them the worst possible rating on the Ford Survey I got. Not long after I got a call from the sales manager asking why I gave them such a terrible rating. I explained why, and he backtracked asking if I would re-rate them if they "Made it right". I agreed. Long story short, it took me more than 4 months to get the thousands of dollars back I over paid, and had to get the General Manager involved to get it handled.

Absolute WORST car buying experience of my life, and I (like many here) have bought 25+ vehicles in my life, many from dealers. The whole experience made me resent the car, even though it was awesome, and I sold it about a year later.

I have bought 3 from Ed Kennely, they were good to work with. I had a good experience with Young Ford in Morgan too. I recently bought a used Lexus GS 350 from Harrison Imports, and that was a good transaction.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I had the absolute worst experience buying from Performance in Bountiful. I will NEVER set foot on their lot again. They are dirty as can be and will lie and try to screw you every bad way possible. Never, Ever, will I reccomend them. Their GM Bill Barnes is a complete @$$hole, and the old sales manager, i forget his name, was every stereotype possible for a used car salesman.

They told me I HAD to finance through Ford to get my deal, then when I got to the finance guy, he said I HAD to get gap insurance and HAD to get Key insurance to get the deal the sales manager gave me. Wanting to get out of there, I agreed to both and left. A few days later I gave them the worst possible rating on the Ford Survey I got. Not long after I got a call from the sales manager asking why I gave them such a terrible rating. I explained why, and he backtracked asking if I would re-rate them if they "Made it right". I agreed. Long story short, it took me more than 4 months to get the thousands of dollars back I over paid, and had to get the General Manager involved to get it handled. ....

They wondered the same thing. How could they "make it right....".... I told them "It's kind of late for that. Don't be the douchbag stereotypical car dealer. I'll take my Ford and Lincoln sales/service elsewhere." They really weren't sure what to say. I wished them a good life and hung up the phone.

Greg

Admin
I installed the Falcon Sport Tow/Haul shocks over the weekend, leveling the truck. At the same time, I removed the lower deflector under the bumper, I think it makes the truck look better.... it was also broken by the PO. I swapped out the factory antennae with a stubby one, since the factory one hit the garage door when pulling in & out.

More to come!

P1015232-L.jpg

Greg

Admin
Oh, worth mentioning.... we burned thru the 1st tank of fuel and filled it up last week. This was from driving back from SLC, UT to GJ, CO and then commuting back & forth to work for a couple weeks. 596 miles and an average of 19.6 MPG, according to the trucks computer. Pretty happy with those numbers.

Greg

Admin
It's amazing what a few minor changes can do for a truck... and even more so when each one compliments the other. The F150 is now rolling on Method NV 305 wheels, BFGoodrich 285/70/17 KO2 tires and leveled with the Falcon shocks. The truck rides and drives so much better, the tires help the truck feel even tighter, they'll be beefy enough for offroad adventures and the Method wheels add looks and strength! I've never cared for faux beadlocks, but these wheels just looked good to me. It feels like this truck is a proper beast now, not a huge transformation but just enough!

I got around to doing the front brakes as well, the rotors were gouged and making ugly noises. I upgraded to cross drilled and slotted rotors with premium semi-metallic brake pads from BrakePerformance.com, these parts were sourced from @Anchor_Mtn . The brakes needed attention and this will be a nice upgrade over stock parts when we're towing heavy loads.

20181207_105611-L.jpg

20181207_160419-L.jpg

20181207_160430-L.jpg

20181207_160314-L.jpg

20181207_160332-L.jpg

I'm loving this truck now.... it just needs window tint on the front to wrap it all up!