The world is coming to an end...motor trend's new SUV of the year is a travesty!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
[charlie brown voice] GOOD GRIEF!!! [/charlie brown voice]

I can't believe what has become of the automotive world when a volvo station wagon wins motor trend SUV of the year...due to " . . . It drives comfortably like a sedan, tows like a tough pickup, off-roads like a rugged sport/ute, and moves bulky cargo or as many as seven people like a minivan," I cannot believe that people actually fall for this malarky.......wow I had to bust out the "M" word to describe it.....this is getting ridiculous!!!

For the complete write up click here....
when you get a car magazine to rate cars trying to be "rugged" this is what we get!!:rolleyes:

P

pokeyYJ

AAAWWWWHHHH Crap. Does anybody remember when SUV's actually came with solid axles? Or a two speed transfer case? I am considered a youngen' but I am in the target market for these CARS. I would never buy one of these. I defense of Motor Trends, look at the Volvo's compitition. Honda Element, Honda Pilot, Isuzu Ascender, Subaru Baja. Don't get me started on the Baja, can you say El Camino? The only vehicle that actually can go offroad is the H2, but man they are UGLY, is it just me but I think that the H2 is just a glorified Yukon. Yuppie mobiles all of em.

sukaB

Banned
How about a rear steer GM truck for towing.......
Half the a**holes out their can't even tow anything without whackin into all kinds of crap on the side of the roads.
There goes our insurance rates again.....
These will have all sorts of idiot problems I can't imagine.
:eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

tv_larsen

Originally posted by pokeyYJ
...Subaru Baja. Don't get me started on the Baja, can you say El Camino?

No, not El Camino (or Ranchero), it's just a 4-door Brat. The Brat was a failure, adding the extra pair of doors doesn't help it any.

P

pokeyYJ

Hah Hah, I can't get this picture out of my head, some old guy standing outside his truck wondering how the bed got smached against the side of his trailer because he took the turn too tight, Hah Hah

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Ryan
I can honestly say...

...I don't give a **** what Motor Trend says. Why do you?:p

motor trend reflects the majority of americans and their buying patterns and interests. So basically they speak for the overlying theme of the automotive industry and since their views are accurately skewed, I get worried about the overall population....:) I don't care what they say and I don't subscribe to their train of thought, (I am a car and driver guy all the way), so I don't give a crap what they say unless it scares me bejezis out of me!!!:eek:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Get Me wired
I don't read Motor Trend or Car & Driver but I'm going to have to agree with their choice. If I was an average American and wanted an SUV as my families principle transportation its clearly my winner.

"drive the future"

gonna have to agree with you on the long haul rigs, those are trick!!