Thinking about a cheap Mazda Miata track car

sixstringsteve

most people write off miatas without having ridden in them. The aftermarket is HUGE, the parts are easily available and swappable between years, and they're a riot. Do you fit in one? The biggest challenge for me was finding a roll bar that would still clear the top and my helmet. We miss our miata a ton.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
most people write off miatas without having ridden in them. The aftermarket is HUGE, the parts are easily available and swappable between years, and they're a riot. Do you fit in one? The biggest challenge for me was finding a roll bar that would still clear the top and my helmet. We miss our miata a ton.

They have the 'best bang for the buck' thing going for them, for sure. Even more so when it comes to pushing one around a road track! I've been in a couple Miata's before, it's tight... borderline too tight. I haven't spend more than 30 min in one though, so sitting in one for an extended period might not work.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
They have the 'best bang for the buck' thing going for them, for sure. Even more so when it comes to pushing one around a road track! I've been in a couple Miata's before, it's tight... borderline too tight. I haven't spend more than 30 min in one though, so sitting in one for an extended period might not work.

I drove mine to Chicago and back a number of years ago. It wasn't too bad, really.

sixstringsteve

i think the NA (1st gens) have a lot more room in them than the NBs. I'd bet the NCs and NDs would have even more room, but they're not what you'd call a "cheap" option yet. We will own an ND (if we ever decide to stop traveling around).