Thinking of trying a new truck

ozzy702

Did you ever end up picking up the Raptor? That's on my wish list one day but I may be an old man by the time I can afford it!

Caleb

Im actually currently negotiate my with several different dealerships. I hope to have an agreement in place tomorrow and depending on where it’s located, pick it up in the next week or two.

ozzy702

Im actually currently negotiate my with several different dealerships. I hope to have an agreement in place tomorrow and depending on where it’s located, pick it up in the next week or two.

Nice. I'm curious how much $$$ you're able to get them down to. Good luck!

Caleb

I’m quite certain I’ll end up somewhere between msrp and $5k over. It really is going my to come down to color, location and how much patience I have. :)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
LHM changed the price on me when I was ready to buy my truck so I called Ken Garff and asked them if they’d do the same price, they agreed to it over the phone and I went and picked it up. Not a LHM dealership fan.

Caleb

LOL, so more on the LHM fun. So after I left the LHM dealership two Saturdays ago, I went to the Costco Autos to see what they had in terms of Raptors. I didn't think they'd have any deals but you never know so I had to check. You fill out what you're looking for and (little did I know) they send you automatically to one of their dealers. Yep, you guessed it, they sent me to the same dealership. I was polite but told them I'd never do business with LHM when the salesman reached out to me. Right after, the internet manager then reached out to me and said he wanted to make it right and wanted to "earn" my business. Figured I'd have a little fun so I went along with it for a while. After week of going back a forth, he finally got me a price...$5K over msrp and $39 for my trade. :rofl: So in this time of him earning my business the deal for the Raptor stayed exactly the same and I lost $1K on my trade. I called him on it and he said by earn my business he meant he would "jump through hoops and get me pictures and info on the trucks I was interested". Yeah, he was planning to do his job.

So while this was going on, I looked up Raptors on TrueCar. Well, it too referred me to a dealer automatically. It sent my info LHM Salt Lake. I told them I was already talking with their Draper location but they wanted a chance to give me a quote too. So now I've got both LHM dealers competing against themselves...I know they're different locations but the same company going against themselves makes zero sense and is the epitome of the business practices that go on at LHM dealerships.

Caleb

As an FYI, if anyone else is seriously interested in a Raptor, Minnesota and Missouri dealers are at or below msrp. I've also heard that Atlanta and several back east are as low as invoice (which is supposedly about 8% off msrp). I'm still looking :)

rholbrook

As an FYI, if anyone else is seriously interested in a Raptor, Minnesota and Missouri dealers are at or below msrp. I've also heard that Atlanta and several back east are as low as invoice (which is supposedly about 8% off msrp). I'm still looking :)
My son Jaxon will go drive it back for you. He does it all the time. The last one he did was a Astin DBS with a V12 and 6 speed manual which apparently is very rare and valuable. Drove it from Palm Springs to Park City. You can add a Hurican and a Bently Silver Cloud with a W12 to the list of $250K plus cars this year he has driven. He loves doing it. He would love driving a Raptor to Utah for you. Pay his expenses.

Caleb

I'll seriously consider that. I was thinking I could do a fly-n-drive or ship it but after seeing the horror stories of people shipping new vehicles it makes me very hesitant.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I guess I'm having a hard time paying $80K for ANY vehicle so I'm just doing proper research (which I rarely do) :D

I knew the raptors were a pretty penny but didn't think they were THAT shiny. Turns out they certainly can be. $52k base+lots of shiny things=close to 80k.

Caleb

Seriously, it surprised me too that they were that much all said and done. You'd have to special order one to get one anywhere near their advertised base price. Most of them I'm seeing are $69K-$73K msrp and then whatever markup the dealer wants to do. (plus TTL)