Thirteen years ago today...

DAA

Thirteen years ago today, I brought my new Jeep home. They're so CUTE when they're little!

IMG_0085.jpg

I had been lusting for an LJ since they came out. Had made the dealership rounds and done some test drives in October of that year. Ended up making an offer on one at Ken Garff which was declined and we couldn't come to terms so I went back to waiting and saving mode. Fast forward to New Years Eve, 2005, my Wife is watching TV and a Ken Garff commercial is on with the typical "year end blow out! NO reasonable offer refused!" car dealer bullshit. Wife said I should call and make my offer again. So I did, got ahold of the same salesman, made him the same offer and he told me No Way Can't Do That. I said okay then, goodbye. Figured that was that, but 45 minutes later, he called me back and said if I could come take delivery before closing that day, they would take my offer.

So... I went down and bought it. Sure has turned out to be a fun/good decision. Have had just too much fun over the years in this Jeep and hope to have way too much more fun before the Jeep or me dies, whichever comes first.

The most recent pic I have of it, from about ten days ago, with the moon setting in the background. Not a hint of new on it anymore and not so cute anymore, but much more character.

untitled-2-2-EditW_1.jpg

- DAA