this would be cool to have

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
James K said:
how critical do you think the alignment of the two wheels is?
It's not that critical. There is a offset lower anvil holder available, lets you move the lower anvil side to side, for planing the edge of a piece of metal. The upper wheel is just a steel caster from Grainger.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Hickey said:
It's not that critical. There is a offset lower anvil holder available, lets you move the lower anvil side to side, for planing the edge of a piece of metal. The upper wheel is just a steel caster from Grainger.

I see. what do you think it would run just to build one?

Caleb

rckcrlr said:
I would love to have one/learn how to use one....
Stacy on Trucks has the coolest one....Flat head and a 9"rear :cool:
Even cooler in person :D

How did your trip go, have you heard anything about that?

I think it would be awesome to learn how to use an english wheel...

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
(hijack)
Trip was fun, met some cool people....Found out 2 weeks ago, they hired the 20 yo girl and shop teacher Canada :mad:
Oh well Nashville is to flat for me :D
Just put in for the job I have wanted for years!! Very cool position :D If you tell you, I have to kill you -_-

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well, it's kinda does the same thing as a baker's rolling pin. You roll a piece of metal between the two wheels. There is a fair amount of pressure contact between the two wheels. The lower wheel (anvil) has a curved surface, which directs the pressure toward the center of that wheel, which stretches the metal pice thin in that area. The more you roll it, the more the metal will begin to curve.