Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Want horn, have removable steering wheel. Hmm.

I picked up this little gadget quite a few months ago. It's a wireless RF switch, and it's cheap enough that I don't mind messing with it:
http://www.amazon.com/Button-Wireless-Control-Receiver-Controller/dp/B00JL3J594

First thing I did was remove the soldered on switch and solder in my own wires in p
IMG_1732.JPG IMG_1734.JPG
Gooped up the wire holes:
IMG_1736.JPG

Soldered to the horn switch in the steering wheel and tested it:
IMG_1737.JPGIMG_1738.JPGIMG_1739.JPG

Insert into removable steering wheel:
IMG_1741.JPGIMG_1742.JPG

Receiver unit... More to come on this guy if I don't ruin it:
IMG_1740.JPG

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Well, it worked. And as a bonus, I used legos as a case for the receiver/relay unit. :D

IMG_1773.JPG

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
You need another remote on a keychain, so you can "chirp chirp" the alarm after you've rolled up to the diner with your date.

He can do that anyway, since he'd be carrying his steering wheel into the diner. :)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just read through this thread again. It's such an impressive build and now I REALLY wish I would have bought your old chassis. I'm gonna steal that horn idea for Britney.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Just read through this thread again. It's such an impressive build and now I REALLY wish I would have bought your old chassis. I'm gonna steal that horn idea for Britney.

I gotta be honest, the first chassis wasn't that great. I mean, the form factor was killer but I did a lot of things on this chassis that I wish I did on the first one.

Thanks man :beer:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
For the past 8 years my front upper rate has been WAY too soft causing me to constantly be on the rate limiter and on my lower coil. Talk about a crappy ride.

888F90BA-1D86-48C7-8476-A8E6786F247A_1_105_c.jpeg

Finally fixed that this year and holy crap the difference is amazing. #coiloversForPotatoBrains
E481BB9D-509C-45A6-9F29-D9DF14E75FFF_1_105_c.jpeg