Timelapse

RogueJeepr

Here!
How long OR short do you guys like to set up your timelaps images for certain scenarios like (sunsets, weather movement, ect) ???
Haven't used this feature yet cause I was concerned how much memory it would take up.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Between 1 and 5 seconds depending on what I'm shooting and the length of time covered. For a short time lapse of clouds or sunset I go for 1 or 2 seconds just so the movement is smoother. If I know it will be a longer time lapse like the sun moving across the sky I'll go up to 10 seconds. I like my time lapses to be very smooth though. Big memory cards are a good thing when doing time lapse. Some of mine get up over 3000 images.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Cool thanks for the reply. I was thinking way wrong on the time between pics.
Found this cool video to help set things up.
https://youtu.be/xWyO5iWmApg
I have a trip coming up I wanted to get some good star pics and maybe some evening time lapse. Not enough experience in that department.
Also need to get me a new tripod. I lost the little adapter somehow.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I got to try this out over the weekend. It almost needs to be really dark to start with that aperture setting.
Couldn't get the AP setting below 4.1 and I needed 1.7.
Totally forgot to set the white balance.
Definitely need more practice. Maybe I'll climb up on the roof one night and try it again.
I did get a cool sunset but the stars were dim.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Your lens may not go down to 1.7. Generally any lens that goes below a 2 is pretty pricey. You can make up some of that with altering your shutter speed. Do a google search for "aperture shutter speed iso chart".