2004 Jeep LJ

Engine-

Stock 4.0

Transmission-

Stock 42RLE (auto)

T-Case-

Stock NP231 with Savvy cable shifter and Slip Yoke Eliminator

Axles-

FRONT: JK Rubicon Dana 44 with truss, sleeves, gussets, RCV's, Cryo treated 5.38's and Ox air locker, JK steering, home made track bar & Teraflex flipped drag link.
REAR: Stock Dana 44 with Yukon 4340 chromoly shafts, Cryo treated 5.38's and Ox air locker

Suspension-

Core 4x4 short arms with Johnny Joints all around, 3.5" front RK coils, 2.5" rear RK coils, outboarded rears with Billstien 5100's at both ends, front Antirock, Metalcloak rear track bar.

Wheels and Tires-

17" Method 701 Bead Grip wheels with 37" Cooper STT Pros.

Winch-

Warn VR 8000 synthetic with the solenoid stashed under the hood & wireless remote.

Favorite Trails-

- The Maze
- John's Trail
- Hell's Revenge
- Milt's Mile
- Fawlty Towers
- Cliffhanger
- Golden Spike

Other-

- 111" wheelbase with frame stretch
- Poison Spyder "Daddy Longlegs" rear corner armor
- JCR highline fenders
- Poison Spyder Rock Brawler front bumper
- Swag Off Road Big Hit rear bumper
- Home made flat t-case skid with DIY trans crossmember
- Teraflex engine oil pan skid that ties into trans skid
- Rokmen gas tank skid
- Warrior sliders
- 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" M.O.R.E. motor mounts
- Adam's rear driveshaft
- Crown extended brake lines
- Magnaflow muffler
- 1993 Ford Explorer 9-blade fan & clutch
- LED headlights
- LUX MAX magnetic rock lights (8)
- 20w LED spot lights mounted to front coil buckets
- 13" low profile LED bar mounted under winch bar
- Savvy low profile LED tail lights
- Stock hard top, Bestop OEM style soft top, Spiderweb shade
- Savvy aluminum half doors
- Savvy aluminum tailgate skin
- Kentrol tailgate hinges
- Cobra CB 75WXST
- 3' Firestik antenna w/ low profile coaxial cable
- BaoFeng BF-F8HP
- 10lb co2 tank for tires
- OX Locker Duty Compressor for lockers
- 1.25" alloy seat risers
- Black Widow Roof Rack extension modified to fit LJ cargo area
- Pioneer MVH-S600BS
- Metra double din Dash Kit
- Polk Audio DB 522 5.25 speakers with Select Increments Dash-Pods
- Roswell 6510 In-Boat Speakers in roof bar

LJTim

There's something I didn't realize when putting the new armor on the jeep. I had intentions of putting the tailgate hinges on top of the armor, and using a Savvy tailgate skid to clean up the look of the back. I was caught off guard when I went to put the hinges back on. Apearently the OEM hinges don't sit flush against the tub. There is actually an indentation in the tub that the hinge recesses into. I had no idea, so I had to order some new hinges that would sit flush on the new armor. I ordered them, and made a special request that the seller expedite the shipping, since I had a Moab trip in less than 5 days from the time I ordered them. I got an email 3 days later with a tracking number - for 2 days after we return from our trip. So, I had to use a make-shift tailgate out of plywood for our Moab trip. It did the trick, but I'm happy to have these nice Kentrol hinges on. Now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my license plate. Pretty sure I'l just bend it and put it on the corner. I wish I didn't have to though.

glockman

I hate Jeeps
What is going on with your soft top there? I run my soft top without windows all summer. Looks like you just tuck the back corners up and tie the frame down? How does that work out? I'm too cheap to go buy a frameless top.

LJTim

What is going on with your soft top there? I run my soft top without windows all summer. Looks like you just tuck the back corners up and tie the frame down? How does that work out? I'm too cheap to go buy a frameless top.
That's exactly what I'm doing. My rear corners (particularly the drivers side) always fall out when my windows are pulled out, so I have been tucking them up under the bar, and securing them with a bungee.