tiny screen browsing

kkemp

I sometimes use my pda when I'm at work. The screen size isn't the real problem with it. It's the networking speed. Even connected to broadband, it's dang slow.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I used a blackberry to post that message. It took a few mintues to sort out the titles, and body, and avatar sections. Once I had that figured out it went pretty good. For the blackberry it was slow getting into the right forum and then changing to the next forum. The network speed was acceptible (slow, but I expected that), the slow part for me was the navigating around the forum.

It is kind of entertaining to check out RME while sitting in the boring family parties :D

Caleb

Herzog said:
An easier way to browse RME with a handheld is Here. :D
you should look into doing a lite version of RME :greg: if you look at www.aximsite.com on a PDA it uses the user agent and sends you to the lite version or the regular version. It makes navigation very easy and still appealing. I am pretty sure there are 'plug-ins' for v-bulletin that will allow this. :p I use to browse on my Axim all the time but got tired of (like rusted said) navigation being a PITA.

kkemp

This is actually nice since I can at least read the posts on my PDA. I agree with Supergper though. It would be nice to have a lite version. It's probably too much work for what it's worth though unless a lot of people are using PDAs are smartphones.