Tire Brand Question...

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
So, I have been a BFG dude for a long time. I see a lot of jeeps running Nitto and started to check them out. Just wonder if anyone has had any experience with the Grapple tires and what they think of then on and off road.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm not sure which Grapplers you are talking about but I had the Mud Grapplers on my Power Wagon. They worked great off road except sideways they would slip some if that makes sense. They wouldn't slip too bad but it was enough I noticed. If you look at the tread it's mostly lateral so they do great going forward and great in the mud. They were extremely loud. It didn't bother me but my wife complained. That being said I'm running KM3's on my Jeep now.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Thanks for the reply, Im running KM3's now, just bought them, not wheeled them yet, but they are note quite grabby as an AT tire on pavement, and.. since I work up at a ski resort the drive home.... can be squiggly :cool:

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Thanks for the reply, Im running KM3's now, just bought them, not wheeled them yet, but they are note quite grabby as an AT tire on pavement, and.. since I work up at a ski resort the drive home.... can be squiggly :cool:

What size/load rate are you running, and how heavy is your rig? KM3s are on my short list for the Ex, but "squiggly" doesn't sound encouraging...

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I have Nitto Trail Grapplers on my CJ. Run pretty smooth and quieter than my old first gen MTRs. I’d get them again.

Caleb

I had the Grapplers for a period. I too have always been a fan of BFGs. The Grapplers were quite a bit louder (I had them on a Tacoma, so quite a bit more sound deadening than any wrangler) in all scenarios than the BFGs. I didn’t have them long enough to wear them out, so I can’t speak to longevity of them. They did fine in the snow (they didn’t seem to be any better or worse than the BFGs). I now have BFGs (again) on both my wife’s JLUR and on my 4Runner if that says anything.