Tire Siping

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I can tell you getting my last set of KM2s siped at Discount took their snowy/icy road performance from abysmal to almost acceptable. I didn't notice any particular difference one way or another on the rocks, except that they liked to chunk out at the sipes if I let them spin too much.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Don't do it, they will chunk and fall apart. Siping is great for adding biting edges if you need better traction in rain/snow/ice... but less than ideal for a Krawler and what it's meant to do.

ivantalk

I am not sure, but I don't think that siping will be necessary for this tire. Maybe you can check the internet to find an accurate answer.

Before I put ag tires on the mog, I had some sided tires with giant tread block, kindof like Michelin XLs. I think the siping helped it grab a little better on smooth rock. Like Greg mentioned, it did make them much more susceptible to tearing chunks out of the tread.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
This is where I’m at.
I had a set of DOT Krawlers that the PO siped and they were chunking with not too many miles on them. IMO, they ruined a set of expensive tires trying to make them something they weren't meant to be.

If you feel like you need more biting edges, you could take a tire grover and sparingly cut the big tread blocks. I don't think that would cause chunking like siping would.