tire size

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
Ummm... stock? Research and development doesn't spend billions every year to put a package together that gets good fuel economy under todays stringent CARB regulations.

I just bought a truck a couple weeks ago with 35's, I have compared very similar trucks and mine is getting worse fuel mileage than their bone stock setups.

cameron tanner

I was told that if you had enough power to pull a bigger size tire you could run down the freeway at a lower rpm, so that would give me better fuel mileage.

cam

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
cameron tanner said:
I was told that if you had enough power to pull a bigger size tire you could run down the freeway at a lower rpm, so that would give me better fuel mileage.

cam

At freeway speeds and ONLY flat ground. The mileage difference was miniscule enough, I went back to stock on my V10. Gas mileage went down drastically on the hills and when I was loaded.

I am actually taking my 2" leveler kit, fender flares, and 315's off my Cummins, so I can go back to stock and increase my fuel mileage.

I am not trying to be a dick, but seriously. Do you think DC would put smaller tires on if they knew larger tires could bring down emissions and increase fuel mileage?