Tires on 2WD truck

Houndoc

Yes, 2wd trucks do still exist.

Bought an 05 Chevy Colorado from my in-laws (87K miles) for my son who returns from his mission later this month.

Looking for tires that will give him good snow/ice traction as well as mild trails.

For about the same price, have come up with Bigfoot A/T, Firestone Destination A/T and Destination LE2 as top recommendations from 3 shops.

Any thoughts from the on-line herd?

D

Deleted member 12904

I drove 2wd trucks for years as work trucks. Always used snow tires for winter though.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
These and about 500lb of sand bags over the rear axle.
The LTX AT2 have a little more aggressive tread though

When I had my MS2's they did well on ice but couldn't clear mud well or deep slushy stuff.
I had them called "mall and street" or "mostly stationary", but for on-road they were amazing. Dead silent and I got 65k miles out of mine

Tonkaman

I drive a 1st gen tundra longbed regular cab. Essentially it’s the worst truck possible for putting traction down to the ground. I use snow tires all winter with studs on the rear. That rides like it’s on rails at that point

Houndoc

It will be running 235/75R15s.

Back in college I went through one winter with a little Ford Courier 2WD with aggressive snow tires on the rear. Got most my pizzas delivered successfully.

For practical purposes with it being on a college kid's truck, probably won't swap out to winter tires. Luckily he will be walking to classes so isn't forced to drive if weather is too bad.

Leaning towards the Big Foots as they are a good price right now, but have heard good things about the Firestone LE2s for winter.

ID Bronco

It will be running 235/75R15s.

Back in college I went through one winter with a little Ford Courier 2WD with aggressive snow tires on the rear. Got most my pizzas delivered successfully.

For practical purposes with it being on a college kid's truck, probably won't swap out to winter tires. Luckily he will be walking to classes so isn't forced to drive if weather is too bad.

Leaning towards the Big Foots as they are a good price right now, but have heard good things about the Firestone LE2s for winter.

I have big foots on my Suburban and they do well in the winter, I had them siped.