Wanted Tj stretch tank

AaronPaige

I’m gathering parts for my tj one ton swap, early this week I found a genright 10 gal tank on ksl but wasn’t fast enough to get it, anyone have one there not using?

pkrfctr

I just used the stock tank in the back of the tj when I stretched mine. Cut the floor, used the stock skid to lower it into the floor and build a box over the top. Easy and cheap.

johnsonbz

I was planning on doing a 60 swap some day, but have just decided to keep my 44.
I had purchased (on RME) a modified stock TJ tank that had this nifty skid with it, that would give me some space..

0ED7C9DB-0E23-4847-85CE-CEAF7EC93992.jpegC4838570-83AC-41F4-96F9-ED857B9E8CEA.jpeg

From original sellers post' "Here’s pics of the tank for those interested. A 1/4” steel skid that I notched for the axle, clears a 14 bolt center section. I also shortened the mounts to tuck it up 1”... it’s right against the tub floor but fits........."

imagine the skid in this pic with a stock plastic tank....Unknown.jpeg

Not going to use it in the next year or so....$100 if interested....Skid would be worth that much :)

AaronPaige

That’s great deal but I don’t think it will work for my plans I’m going with the 10.5 and pushing it back as far as I can with out the comp cut

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
They are pricey but I bought a stretch tank from genright for my planned YJ project. Easy install and come with really nice skid plate and uses factory pump.

AaronPaige

That’s what I’m looking in too but looks like there getting away from the older small tanks in favor for larger capacity models that don’t real do what I’m wanting

AaronPaige

Looks like motobuilt builds them too, but not as much stretch and I have to convert to a different pump, anyone have experience with them

AaronPaige

Now the wheels are turning, the Jeep I’m cutting up is clean with 90k miles no rust and I have had it 10 years, I’m swapping in 2004 sd axles and 40s, I don’t plan on hard core wheeling it( I have the buggy for that) but still want it super reliable and capable in case I get in over my head

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Now the wheels are turning, the Jeep I’m cutting up is clean with 90k miles no rust and I have had it 10 years, I’m swapping in 2004 sd axles and 40s, I don’t plan on hard core wheeling it( I have the buggy for that) but still want it super reliable and capable in case I get in over my head
I'd just run a stock tank and modify the skid plate like the one posted earlier in this thread. You wave a heat gun at the tank while you stuff I in the skidplate and it will conform to the new shape.