To all CTD owners......

rkillpack

Converted Oil Burner
I just bought a 06 CTD and was wondering what modifications people have made to the later model CTD to improve performance and mileage. 14.3 MPG is good, but looking for more. Truck has 800 miles, and I have been told they truly are broken in at 20,000.
That said pony up and share with the class what you've done and what were the results

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
14 MPG? Is that towing? I get that towing my buggy. I kinda drive it with a light foot though.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
I knew a guy, friend of mine that pullled 21 towing, at ridiculously insane speeds, but he was turned up, and turbo'd up, and gad a gear vendor overdrive, alos freer exhaust.

Ex boss has an 2005 PSD, and gets 17, bitches about it, claims/whines that he got 21.9 outta his CTD, 2002 ish,

kasprzak

Diesels only get better with age. Our first Generation Powerstroke 94.5 just turned over 330,000 miles and we are getting the best mileage ever 25.5 was the last measured tank. This is with no chip and no exhaust stock motor. For comparison sake our 1995 powerstroke 2wd dually got 21 on the highway empty and 18 average city highway combined. Let it break in and drive the piss out of it. The harder they work the longer they last. Btw original engine and original tranny just changed out the clutch a couple of times.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I get in the neighborhood of 16-17 around town and 22-25 unload freeway. Probably 16-18 towing. 99 ctd, stock. 165k miles.

you'll get better mileage as the motor breaks in--sometime around 75k miles ;)

Cody

tc94jeep

ROLLOVER MOTORSPORTS
99.5 psd

:rofl:
RockMonkey said:
I'm never going to get the good mileage... :(

well to make you happy i get evan worse milage. (that sucks) i get 11.2 mpg in the city and 14 on the freeway. with the chip on i get 9.6 in the city and about 12 to 13 on the free way. but i also can never stay out of the pedal and i run 37in mt toyos and a 7in lift. but when i baby it, it doesnt do so bad. what is nice is that i can hook up the rig and the milage stays the same. and when it time to race or pull parleys at 100 mph i can have a extra 140 horses at a flip of a switch. so i guess its all good.

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
My '06 has 10,000 on it and I'm getting around 15.5 around town, its around 11 when I tow but thats between 75 and 80 mph, its about the same as what I got out of my 02 psd.