Today I Want This....

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Isn't that a Suzuki Cappuccino?

No, Suzuki actually developed the AZ-1, but then decided to pursue the Cappuccino instead. They reached and agreement with Mazda who continued development of the AZ-1 and sold it under their new marque, Autozam. Suzuki also sold the AZ-1 under the name Cera. They were lauded by critics, but sold poorly; mostly due to them coming out at the height of the early-90's Japanese recession. The Cappuccino, on the other hand, sold pretty well.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yep, Today I Want This....

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/d/1948-cj2a-willys-jeep/6428559694.html

00D0D_7cuQv3H3mMQ_1200x900.jpg

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
This.......
10s6d88.jpg

Come hell or high water, one of these days I will be driving a Prevost bus from either Marathon or Liberty conversion. Powered by a Detroit Series 60 with OTR air. We have a nice coach but when the wife and I retire I want to be cruising the highways in a Prevost bus.

Mike

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I've always wanted a Prevost coach.

Same here. I had a guy wanting to purchase our Dynasty about 3 months ago and I found a nicely cared for 2001 Prevost (Liberty conversion) with 102k miles on the odometer. It was priced to where I would have to put around $100k with what I would get out of our Dynasty. I would have had quite a bit of work zeroing it out and getting it to the point where my current coach is in addition to tires. I was waiting for the wife to shoot me down but she didn't, she actually said it was my decision, which didn't help me any. Ultimately I figured we would wait a few more years until we are closer to retirement and continue to enjoy our current coach, especially seeing as how I just had it painted and redid the upholstery. Even with 116k miles on her she's still in pristine condition and good to go for many years yet.

But still, if I had the $100k I'd do it now, just don't want to borrow for it.

Mike

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I don't know if I'd ever be truely comfortable rolling a mortgage down the highway at 70mph.

Now that mine has been paid off for several years I never want to borrow for another one. That being said, I know everyone is different but I can't imagine us not having an RV. It's definitely a lifestyle, not just something to do. We have had coaches for 25+ years now and that is the ONLY way I will travel. I don't even care where I'm going as long as I am in my coach with my wife and the Jeep is hooked up behind us.

We started out with one for towing our race trailer around between the track and dunes but after getting out of racing in 2006 and selling race car, sand rail and other toys we were able to upgrade coaches in 2007. Now the wife and I travel for leisure and to find places to go Jeeping.

Mike