Today I Want This....

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
You can probably blame Chris Durham for them being so hard to find today..

Yeah he has a few of them.... and refuses to sell them.

It is currently an airport tug. Nissan SD33 3.3L diesel, 727 auto, NP208(locked in low range), Dana 44 beam up front and a Dana 70 Full float rear - 4.88 gears, limited slip. Oh, yeah... it weighs in at just under 6000 pounds.

It wont stay as a tug much longer though.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Don't really see that other than the slotted grill.
What I do see is that it looks much more like the SJ413 Jimny than the previous generation did, and there is not a damn thing wrong with that! I also see a ladder frame, coil sprung solid axles, two speed transfer case... Basically just awesomeness all around!

Last edited:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Don't really see that other than the slotted grill.
Want I do see is that it looks much more like the SJ413 Jimny than the previous generation did, and there is not a damn thing wrong with that! I also see a ladder frame, coil sprung solid axles, two speed transfer case... Basically just awesomeness all around!
Not sure how you don't see that @Stephen, but I do understand that you have a different perspective on the world than most...:p

It looks a lot like a Nissan Cube only less "cute".

Is that a solid front axle still? That's rad.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Today I want this...

https://westslope.craigslist.org/pts/d/1969-jeepster-commando-dana/6631473690.html

01616_2UmR8jhbh7k_1200x900.jpg

I am selling a project, it is a 69' Jeepster half cab sitting on a 1979 f350 cut down frame with the highly desirable high pinion king pin snowfighter Dana 60 and matching 60 rear- 4.10 gearing. It also has a Chevy turbo 400 trans with t-case, but No motor. Body is in descent shape a couple of rough spots but nothing major, front clip is a 56'willys, very unique. Again this is a project vehicle needs a lot of tlc (time, labor and cash) but has awesome potential to be something or great for parts. Price is firm. Cash only. Have title to the jeep.
The H2 wheels/tires on the front will not go with it, steel wheels will.

I'm not a big Commando guy, but this sure would be neat with that Isuzu 4BD1T I have sitting around! I also love the front clip swap, that ought to confuse a lot of folks.