Today I Want This....

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Looks really fast.....

Too bad it's not. X-D

This coming from a not small man with an unnatural affinity for Miatas? ;)

Light weight, front engine, rear drive, manual trans, lots of grip from those wide tires; what's not to love?

That particular car has a very large turbo. Better power than a wrx and 500+lbs less weight. Would make one heck of an autocross car.

I've been pretty into autocross and drift cars lately. I see one on my horizon, if I can sell off a few others.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Compared to a Miata, the BRZ is heavy, and makes similar power stock. I was hoping for a better power/weight ratio when they announced the release of that car.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Meh I like them both, I'm just saying they are cars with a similar design ethos so what's not to like?

Sure we all love more power stock and I wouldn't call either of them particularly fast stock but the brz looks so much better and they have 50 more hp in stock form than a Miata (with a proven motor that's stout and has loads of aftermarket support. Sure they're 300lbs more but I wouldn't call a 2700 lb car heavy...:)

Besides that I have two small children. And a Miata has only 2 seats.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
This coming from a not small man with an unnatural affinity for Miatas? ;)

Light weight, front engine, rear drive, manual trans, lots of grip from those wide tires; what's not to love?

That particular car has a very large turbo. Better power than a wrx and 500+lbs less weight. Would make one heck of an autocross car.

I've been pretty into autocross and drift cars lately. I see one on my horizon, if I can sell off a few others.

If I had any kind of an affinity for the Miata, one would be in my garage, not a 1966 El Camino.

I'm just saying that the BRZ could have been amazing, but Subaru and Toyota chickened out and neutered that car when they built it.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I like your El Camino better than a Miata too!

I guess I shouldn't have assumed you'd liked them ;)
https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/thinking-about-a-cheap-mazda-miata-track-car.113540/

I agree, if they would have made the brz with the Impreza WRX turbo motor (or even the Impreza GT turbo motor) it would have been amazing.
Or if they offered a BRZ WRX model!

But you know Toyota was the one who chickened out in that partnership. They haven't made a real sports car in more than a decade.
Subara definitely isn't afraid of making a lunatic car.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I like your El Camino better than a Miata too!

I guess I shouldn't have assumed you'd liked them ;)
https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/thinking-about-a-cheap-mazda-miata-track-car.113540/

I agree, if they would have made the brz with the Impreza WRX turbo motor (or even the Impreza GT turbo motor) it would have been amazing.
Or if they offered a BRZ WRX model!

But you know Toyota was the one who chickened out in that partnership. They haven't made a real sports car in more than a decade.
Subara definitely isn't afraid of making a lunatic car.

Do you realize how many dumb car ideas I've have had? A Miata was hardly a blip on the screen in terms of the cars/vehicles I've wanted.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I got pretty riled up by a murdered, rallyed-out Miata I saw with Kurt a few years ago-- but they are just SO SMALL. I fit in them ok, but they feel super sketchy on the highway to me. ANd that's where I mostly drive, at 80+. :D

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I am 97% positive I could sell my house and live in that. I'm 99.8% positive it's worth way more than my house though.
Take a guess but it's probably not as much as you would expect. It is a 45 foot 2008 Renegade built on Freightliner Chasis with Detroit 550 and Eaton 13 auto shift. The stacker is a 24 foot 2013 model.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Take a guess but it's probably not as much as you would expect. It is a 45 foot 2008 Renegade built on Freightliner Chasis with Detroit 550 and Eaton 13 auto shift. The stacker is a 24 foot 2013 model.

Ok, complete stab in the dark then, $125,000? Which is not more than my house, but it's definitely more equity than I have. :D