Today I Want This....

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Not sure what could be worth $4k per night to me?
Marc, Marc, Marc... You just don't understand. You have the opportunity to enjoy ochre light in the morning, apricot by midday, dazzling pink at dusk, the geology of the Grand Staircase-Escalante couldn’t be more dramatic. Residing in 600 acres of the Colorado Plateau, and requiring an Act of Congress to be passed so it could be built here, Amangiri blends into countless untouched square miles of red rock country. In the last remnant of the truly wild West (two minutes to the west of bustling Highway 89), this ‘mountain of peace’ is cradled by the greatest concentration of national parks in the United States – a staggering landscape of canyons, mesas, mountains, gorges, rapids and desert, with traces of human life dating back more than 10,000 years. In this grand theatre of nature, the modernist Suites of Amangiri and the tented Pavilions of nearby Camp Sarika offer an inspiring welcome to one of the world’s most dramatically secluded settings (two minutes to the west of bustling Highway 89).

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Guys... it's a place, a view, and architecture thatI like. Haha.
I this it’s gorgeous. I remember reading about it when is was built ~10 years ago. I love brutalist modernism, and this is a great take on that style. But it is entertaining to poke fun at anyone who’d spend that kind of money for a night in the “wilderness”.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I this it’s gorgeous. I remember reading about it when is was built ~10 years ago. I love brutalist modernism, and this is a great take on that style. But it is entertaining to poke fun at anyone who’d spend that kind of money for a night in the “wilderness”.

I think it'd be awesome to stay there. I need a UofU job if $4K is acceptable though. Hook a brother up?

I'd go $400 for a night or so? $4k is a LOT. I'm not sure what "services" there could be above a $300-400 per night that would make it worth it?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I think it'd be awesome to stay there. I need a UofU job if $4K is acceptable though. Hook a brother up?

I'd go $400 for a night or so? $4k is a LOT. I'm not sure what "services" there could be above a $300-400 per night that would make it worth it?

Hiring freeze; sorry homie. Covid.
I’ve stayed in a few hotels that are $500+ a night. Swanky, nice rooms, good amenities, you can’t beat walking right out your door onto the beach. But yeah, $4k for a night in the desert outside of Big Water... I’m missing something.