Today I Want This....

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Yeah I think switching to a wedge wouldn't really change your fuel consumption.

For some reason, I am not OK with 6.4 mpg across NV (east and west) but perfectly OK with 7.1 down to Moab and 6.8 mpg back.... I need to just accept what I have. 7.3L Excursion that was towing with me at about the same weight (GCVW) was getting 9.5 mpg with two rigs. I tow that load at 68-70 mph. I could slow down and maybe get low 7 mpgs? I don't know that I could stand that? (I did get slightly shorter, narrower tires recently...that could help a bit?)

rholbrook

For some reason, I am not OK with 6.4 mpg across NV (east and west) but perfectly OK with 7.1 down to Moab and 6.8 mpg back.... I need to just accept what I have. 7.3L Excursion that was towing with me at about the same weight (GCVW) was getting 9.5 mpg with two rigs. I tow that load at 68-70 mph. I could slow down and maybe get low 7 mpgs? I don't know that I could stand that? (I did get slightly shorter, narrower tires recently...that could help a bit?)
And thats why I owned a V-10 for about 2 weeks years ago. I bought it new and went back to the dealer after one trip to Lake Powell and ordered a diesel. My BIL bought my V-10 and put about 150K on it before selling it. I know the new owner and then have put an additional 100K on it. Same motor and trans.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep

I feel this. Over and over. When I slow down, MPG's go up.. but it's silly to go slow.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
^ I'm sure it's fine, but two bolts holding that hitch into that channel does not seem fine.

I use hitch pins in mine, then I remove the hitch to prevent theft.
2 bolts is how every trailer with an adjustable hitch comes.
Adjustable truck hitches are also just 2 pins.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep

I FULLY support owning every trailer ever built.
This would be a fun trailer.. However, it is very much a single use trailer. It's not going to haul tree branches to the dump, etc. If you are not buying multiple trailers, then the trailer needs to be multiple purpose, IMO.
But if you need just a light weight trailer for the jeep.. this one would be fun.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I FULLY support owning every trailer ever built.
This would be a fun trailer.. However, it is very much a single use trailer. It's not going to haul tree branches to the dump, etc. If you are not buying multiple trailers, then the trailer needs to be multiple purpose, IMO.
But if you need just a light weight trailer for the jeep.. this one would be fun.
I've been obsessed with trailers since I was a small boy. I already have the dump trailer and a utility trailer for any other use. Hauling the Jeep on the dump trailer made we want for some thing 1/4 of its weight. I think I could actually improve my towing mileage with that much change.