Today I Want This....

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I love it when people use the word 'invested' when talking about stuff that is in no way investments..

"Over $350,000 invested on original build", selling for less than $200K.

Pissed away at least 60% of the "investment" is more accurate when relating to vehicle mods. That's only if the person buying it likes the mods. If not, the investment value is 0%. Example: you may like black 22" wheels on your Super Duty and look at it as "investment". I see that and know I need to throw at least $1k on KSL for some stock wheels and possibly more for a good set of tires. I think the black wheels look like ass and I won't even run them. It's all up to what the buyer perceives as "tasteful mods". I have 7 clearance lights on Sweaty Betty. I don't like clearance lights at all but tolerate the stock clearance lights and the additional two because I got a solid deal on the truck. To fix that is more cost punitive than it's worth to me so I tolerate those.

The_Lobbster

Dang! That's cool! Not 8k cool but I have a soft spot for weird, rugged stuff.
Definitely agree that 8k is high, but he’ll probably get it from somebody.

Im actually a huge fan of the old Ford C series cab overs, and they seem to litter old farmers fields everywhere. Crazy to see how many go to scrap though, and makes me want to try to pick one up on the cheap.

J-mobzz

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I love it when people use the word 'invested' when talking about stuff that is in no way investments..

"Over $350,000 invested on original build", selling for less than $200K.
Kinda depends on what return you are looking for. Looking for money= bad investment. Looking for fun=good investment.
I invest in a lot of things that won’t make me money, but the happiness they bring me makes me consider it a good investment.
I know that isn’t what you were talking about. I just thought I would throw it out there.

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
There was an old jeep posted somewhere here, it was super ugly and had been extended. I’m pretty sure it is on dirt every day right now.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think it has 15 taps on the side. That thing is soooo cool. That's "**** you" money right there.

I've always had this dream of building the "brewnimog". Take a 4 door Doka, build out the flat bed with a portable brew system and dispensing system. Maybe one day I'll have money to throw at a cool promo vehicle.

Last edited: