Today I Want This....

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I made the mistake of driving a 2016 (?) GT 6 speed a few Saturday's ago. LOVED it. Drove a 2021 GT 6 speed and 2009 GT500 in the same day. REALLY fun cars to drive. The GT500 would kill me within a few months. The slightly milder GT was a really fun car and I think I might last a few years in it? I just want a Fusion with manual trans, RWD and the same powertrain.
My dad was a Mustang guy. I used to have an 08 GT 500 that was my dads. It was a lot of fun to drive and could easily get you into serious trouble. Fastest I had it up to was 135 on Hwy 6 on the way home from dinner at Ray’s. In 2016 I traded it in on a used 2014 Raptor. Another fun vehicle so I felt like it was a swap for fun value. When we started to get serious about running for Lorettas with my sons racing I really upgraded and traded that Raptor in on a Ram Promaster van.

My dad also had a 67 convertible with the 289. It was my older sisters first car that he bought her in 1985 from the original owner. Both my sisters still share ownership of that car. It has been through a couple of restorations and overall is extremely clean. I hope they hang onto it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My dad was a Mustang guy. I used to have an 08 GT 500 that was my dads. It was a lot of fun to drive and could easily get you into serious trouble. Fastest I had it up to was 135 on Hwy 6 on the way home from dinner at Ray’s. In 2016 I traded it in on a used 2014 Raptor. Another fun vehicle so I felt like it was a swap for fun value. When we started to get serious about running for Lorettas with my sons racing I really upgraded and traded that Raptor in on a Ram Promaster van.

My dad also had a 67 convertible with the 289. It was my older sisters first car that he bought her in 1985 from the original owner. Both my sisters still share ownership of that car. It has been through a couple of restorations and overall is extremely clean. I hope they hang onto it.

I forgot you had that GT500. I remember some of your posts in it now that you mention it. I was amazed at the different "feel" of the 2016(?) and 2021 vs the 2009 GT500. The GT500 wasn't uncomfortable but wasn't nearly as comfortable as the 2016 or 2021. IRS is likely part of that but the GT500 just felt a lot more like a no compromises (ok, less compromises) "track" car comparably. That car would get me in a lot of trouble.

It was kind of easy to stall the motor letting the clutch out (used car, hard to say if that's a GT500 "thing"). You had to give it just a feather of gas while letting the clutch out but if you gave it two feathers or more the rear tires lit right up. :D Freeway onramp in that thing was an experience. Plenty of juice to lean on in that car (the 5.0 GT were no slouch at all but the 5.4 supercharger was downright onery)

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I forgot you had that GT500. I remember some of your posts in it now that you mention it. I was amazed at the different "feel" of the 2016(?) and 2021 vs the 2009 GT500. The GT500 wasn't uncomfortable but wasn't nearly as comfortable as the 2016 or 2021. IRS is likely part of that but the GT500 just felt a lot more like a no compromises (ok, less compromises) "track" car comparably. That car would get me in a lot of trouble.

It was kind of easy to stall the motor letting the clutch out (used car, hard to say if that's a GT500 "thing"). You had to give it just a feather of gas while letting the clutch out but if you gave it two feathers or more the rear tires lit right up. :D Freeway onramp in that thing was an experience. Plenty of juice to lean on in that car (the 5.0 GT were no slouch at all but the 5.4 supercharger was downright onery)
There was definitely a balance between throttle and feathering the clutch. 1st gear was just tall enough that you couldn’t idle it out but when you were on it the rev limiter was quick to engage.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

1963 Chrysler Turbine Car. I always thought that the concept of these (as well as the Ford and GM Turbine semi trucks) was absolutely fascinating. This is one of only nine still in existence and one of two in private hands. As always, please donate to my GoFund Me so I can fuel my weird car habits...

Jay Leno talking about his:

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I never knew that I needed one of these

They've been on my radar for awhile, people are building campers on the back. They're governed at 70 mph and don't have A/C, but you can add it and I heard it's possible to bump up the speed governor.

It would be awesome to setup for boondocking, water, heat, A/C, etc. I'd take to Baja and use it for working away from home!

RockChucker

They've been on my radar for awhile, people are building campers on the back. They're governed at 70 mph and don't have A/C, but you can add it and I heard it's possible to bump up the speed governor.

It would be awesome to setup for boondocking, water, heat, A/C, etc. I'd take to Baja and use it for working away from home!
I was thinking more for a sweet crawler hauler. Probably miserable to drive long distance though