Today I Want This....

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
View attachment 155383
I don’t want the Can-Am although Egan builds some nice ones. I want the tracks to put on my Rzr Pro R 4. With 230 HP it should really be able to turn these tracks. The wife says to get them. I really can’t imagine how many belts it would blow through though. Anyone here have any experience with track on a higher HP SxS?

I'll see if I can get @cbryson to chime in. He may have some insight

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
View attachment 155383
I don’t want the Can-Am although Egan builds some nice ones. I want the tracks to put on my Rzr Pro R 4. With 230 HP it should really be able to turn these tracks. The wife says to get them. I really can’t imagine how many belts it would blow through though. Anyone here have any experience with track on a higher HP SxS?

From @cbryson:

Polaris doesn't build powder tracks. They have trail tracks. I've seen conversion kits from the BRP powder kits to the RZR Pro Xp. However the Pro R and Turbo R have different hubs and are a five lug instead of a four. So that wouldn't work. BRP also has a module that you put onto the diagnostic port that slightly changes the tuning and power steering of the vehicle. Polaris does not have that. The difference in rotating mass on the tracks would be pretty harsh on the belt. I've had multiple in person trainings, Polaris claims that the Pro R CVT system hasn't had any issues, but I've seen otherwise with guys throwing paddles on there.

cbryson

Mbryson's knucklehead kid
From @cbryson:

Polaris doesn't build powder tracks. They have trail tracks. I've seen conversion kits from the BRP powder kits to the RZR Pro Xp. However the Pro R and Turbo R have different hubs and are a five lug instead of a four. So that wouldn't work. BRP also has a module that you put onto the diagnostic port that slightly changes the tuning and power steering of the vehicle. Polaris does not have that. The difference in rotating mass on the tracks would be pretty harsh on the belt. I've had multiple in person trainings, Polaris claims that the Pro R CVT system hasn't had any issues, but I've seen otherwise with guys throwing paddles on there.
I’d be surprised if Polaris isn’t in the middle of R&D with something like this.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
From @cbryson:

Polaris doesn't build powder tracks. They have trail tracks. I've seen conversion kits from the BRP powder kits to the RZR Pro Xp. However the Pro R and Turbo R have different hubs and are a five lug instead of a four.
I’ll just add to @cbryson ’s info that might be helpful…
The rzr 5-lug pattern is 5x4.5 (5x114.3mm). Venum Wheel may offer a steel adapter going from 5x4.5 to 4x136mm (CanAm pattern). I’m only assuming this, as I run an adapter they offer to do the opposite (running 5x4.5 wheels on my CanAm).
OR… since you’ve already got a pretty common 5-lug pattern and some power, maybe an “automotive based” track brand would be a suitable option. 🤷‍♂️

1969honda

Supporting Member
I built small 2-4 man snow cats on college for a guy in Logan. Most of our buyers were people who were frustrated with the Mat Trax style automobile systems. Basically boiled down to not enough reduced ground pressure with such short, narrow tracks for the weight of the machine.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I say prerunner / desert bomber

rholbrook

From @cbryson:

I have a Pro XP 4 R too. Yes it’s fast and runs good but the PRO R 4 just has so much more torque. It doesn’t feel as fast as the XP Pro because the turbo makes it feel faster when the boost starts going. In a drag race, it can’t stay with the Pro R 4. The Pro R 4 pulls it from start to finish. I will have to look at the BRP stuff. My brother had tracks on an old Rhino and it was painful to drive and if the snow was more than a foot deep, you were in trouble. I used to love snowmobiling but in a two week span, I helped dig up a 16 yr old from a slide, give him CPR above Paris, ID and then a week later, lose a buddy to an avalanche. I sold my sled after that and really haven’t gone since. I don’t have the desire any more. Maybe riding roads in a UTV will get me out more in the winter.

RockChucker

Says it been sitting for 5 or so years. But I couldn’t resist at that price. Not sure the plans yet. I have a donor drive train for it out of a Cherokee but it was a V6 truck so everything will have to be swapped.
V6 you say…I’d be interested in that auto trans behind said v6