Today I Want This....

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars

It's Saturday morning, and that ad is already gone. I didn't even get to look at it....

... which is probably fine, because I've decided on my next project car. I've been watching Drag Week 2018, and it's given me an idea. I'd like to find a relatively clean 2-dr hardtop Fairmont:

13364193804_e643bf5272_c.jpg

Then drop in a small block Ford and bolt in an 8.8 axle. This would result in a very light car--guys online report weight around 3,000 pounds for this exact setup. That's 700 pounds less than my Grand Prix, which is amazing to me. Even with "only" 400 HP and no power adder, that would be very lively at WOT.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
It's Saturday morning, and that ad is already gone. I didn't even get to look at it....

... which is probably fine, because I've decided on my next project car. I've been watching Drag Week 2018, and it's given me an idea. I'd like to find a relatively clean 2-dr hardtop Fairmont:

13364193804_e643bf5272_c.jpg

Then drop in a small block Ford and bolt in an 8.8 axle. This would result in a very light car--guys online report weight around 3,000 pounds for this exact setup. That's 700 pounds less than my Grand Prix, which is amazing to me. Even with "only" 400 HP and no power adder, that would be very lively at WOT.

Anyone remember this Car Craft version of this?
IMG_0360.JPG